Yeti GOBOX Collection

Swarovski slc 10x42 which harness?

fallfreak

I'm buying a pair of Swarovski slc 10x42 and want to protect my investment. What enclosed bino harness do you like? Can you wear it while shooting prone? Is it easy to take on and off? What features do you like best?

I’ve been thru a bunch of different ones but settled on FHF 5 or more years ago for 10x42 EL’s

I use the Mystery Ranch bino harness for my Swaro 8x42 SLCs. Though not an slim in profile as some, it's not bulky. My biggest hesitation with most bino systems is they look like a backpack on your chest. I have one on my back, don't want one up front.

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the EL's different shaped than the SLC's?

I have tried Badlands, Outdoor Vision, AGC and Marsupial in my 8x42 SLC's. The one I kept and love is the Marsupial Enclosed in Small. It is comfortable, not too big, flap opens outward and it is quiet. Was belly crawling with it on a recent hunt and flap never opened, bino's stayed completely clean.

Last edited:
Well,....

We have retrofit just about every one of the big name harness's in our shop. My personal favorite is the FHF. Although it's not a fully enclosed harness it is designed so that when adjusted correctly it caps the eye cups and does not let any dust in, is small and not as obtrusive as some, easy to remove the bino's. It is my favorite archery harness (early season Sept hunts). I do prefer a fully enclosed harness in the winter weather and am partial to the basic AGC KISS harness.

My two personal Harness's. I run 12's in the AGC with an FHF rangefinder pouch and 8x42's in the FHF Both very well built harness's

IMG_3964.jpeg
IMG_3976.jpeg

Ran a Badlands for 4-5 seasons and decided to give the Kuiu Pro harness a try when I upgraded to 10x42 SLC's last summer. After a season of hard use, I really enjoyed it and it will be my mainstay moving forward. My only beef is that they could make the zip pocket on the front just a smidge larger to accommodate a mouth call or license more easily. But like others said, I'm not looking for a backpack on my chest, it securely holds/protects my binos, and I stuff a Havalon and wind checker on either side and don't feel like it's too much.

Been using an FHF for 6 years or so. I’ve been eyeing the marsupial enclosed just to keep a little more stuff off the binos and to try the forward opening

i have a pair of el 10x42 but now wish id brought the cl companion in 10x30,fov is same but the companions are so much more portable not to mention cheaper

I tried the AGC based on comment from other hunters online For my ELs And range finder. It was a little big for me but if you dont mind the size it is well build. No issue there. I wanted something smaller and that opened to the front so I went with the Marsupial. I like it and wear It. My spare binos found a home in my AGC. They needed a place. I got some junk in the front trunk so the smaller harness worked out best for me.

I’ve got the same binos. Mine have always rode in an FHF. I see no reason to change. I don’t even really need a chest harness for most of my eastern hunting but wear it for the protection of the binos themselves.

I’ve had and liked the Kuiu and AGC.
The AGC is a bit bulky for bow hunting but it has its place.
Next time I buy one it will probably be Stone Glacier

I have the small FHF for the same binos, I’ve been happy with it. The stone glacier does look slick.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back