Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

SW Region Sportsmen's Roundtable meeting

Oak

Expert
Just do it....

http://dnr.state.co.us/newsapp/press.asp?pressid=9361
CPW Sportsmen's Roundtable in Gunnison, Feb. 18

GUNNISON, Colo. – Colorado Parks and Wildlife invites hunters and anglers to give their ideas and voice their opinions at a Sportsmen's Roundtable in Gunnison, 6:30-8:30 p.m., Feb. 18. The meeting will be held at the Gunnison CPW office, 300 W. New York Ave.

The meeting is part of the ongoing statewide "Sportsmen's Roundtable" process set up by CPW to assure that hunters, anglers and everyone who cares about wildlife can provide input, concerns and discuss issues with leaders of the agency.

Patt Dorsey, southwest regional manager, will lead the meeting. She'll provide an update about statewide, regional and financial issues facing the agency. Dorsey would also like to hear from hunters and anglers about how the 2014 big game seasons went, local fishing reports and other wildlife observations.

"We know people are very busy, but we want to hear what's on the minds of hunters and anglers," Dorsey said. "The input we receive in the field is valuable and important. Wildlife conservation and management are vastly enhanced with an involved constituency."

Also attending the meeting will be southwest region representatives of the statewide roundtable group. The statewide committee is composed of 24 people from throughout Colorado.

At the meeting, CPW staff will ask participants to talk about their ideas for the future of wildlife management, and the agency's budget issues, including recent budget cuts and ideas for raising revenues.

Wildlife managers will also give updates on: the Western Slope mule deer strategy; and discuss the data analysis unit planning process for Game Management Units 66 and 67 in the Gunnison Basin.

Those attending will also learn about the agency-wide strategic planning process that has started. CPW is gathering ideas from people throughout Colorado that will help to guide the future for parks and wildlife. An on-line survey is now available on the CPW web site and state residents are encouraged to take a few minutes to submit their ideas. The survey can be found at: http://cpw.state.co.us/StrategicPlan.

Anyone who is unable to attend but has specific questions or concerns can send that information to Joe Lewandowski, southwest region public information officer, at [email protected], or call him at 1-970-375-6708.

This meeting was standing room only last night, with over 30 sportsmen in attendance. However, I am certain that I have never seen a ruder, more offensive bunch of hunters at a meeting like this. I wouldn't have tolerated the behavior of some folks if I had been in charge. I'm guessing it is more the norm in places where hunters are more involved. You guys in MT see these meetings get unruly?

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jerrod12
Back