Yeti GOBOX Collection

Super Glue in Inserts?

I've been using the Easton 2 part epoxy for years now and have had great results with it using HIT inserts.

Prepping the arrow and making sure the inside of the shaft is clean is just as important as the type of glue you use IMO and shouldn't be overlooked.

Ive used hot melt with no bad results, but getting different amounts in each one causes a few grains of foc weight difference. I have used bohning insert iron glue for the last several batches and seems fine to me.
Dont use rubbing alcohol to prep

I use loctite gel ca superglue for fletchings maybe 10yrs now, worked very well.

2 part epoxy SUCKS as if you ever have to remove the insert you will ruin the carbon shaft trying to remove it. Have been using hot melt for 60 years with out any problem.

2 part epoxy SUCKS as if you ever have to remove the insert you will ruin the carbon shaft trying to remove it. Have been using hot melt for 60 years with out any problem.

Actually, you can remove epoxied inserts. Drop a drill bit inside the shaft and swing it. You create an inertia slide hammer. Easy peasy.

I’ve been using the Gorilla impact resistant super glue for a few months on my arrows and have only had one insert come out. That was one that stuck into my 1/2” thick rubber horse mat backdrop.
I’ve been shooting at ground squirrels in a big firewood pile with several of my arrows and have yet to lose an insert hitting pieces of wood at various angles.

That said. I can’t get the inserts out again if I want to cut my arrows shorter for tuning, so I’ll be using hot melt on my next set of arrows.

Actually, you can remove epoxied inserts. Drop a drill bit inside the shaft and swing it. You create an inertia slide hammer. Easy peasy.

I’ve tried that on several of my arrows that I used Gorilla super glue on and can’t get them to budge.

I was recommended this product by my archery shop. Less than $7 on Amazon and it works great!

Bob Smith Industries BSI-135H Maxi-Cure Extra Thick Super Glue, 1 oz.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back