Caribou Gear

Sunday Hunting in North Carolina Survey

b_young

Follow this link to express your opinion on hunting game lands in NC on Sundays. NC Wildlife Commission was granted authority to allow Sunday hunting on NC game lands back in 2017 but there has not been any decisions made on the matter yet.
You don't have to be a resident of NC to take the survey!! Anyone can take it and it will only take a few minutes!

My family is from NC. No hunting on Sunday is something I never understood. I'm no lawyer, but it seems to be a clear violation of the 1st amendment.

"There are game land users, including hunters, that oppose Sunday hunting on game lands in North Carolina. Do you have any suggestions for how the WRC could address the concerns of users opposed to Sunday hunting on game lands?"

Tell the hunters that don't want to hunt on Sundays they can continue to stay home.

Hope yall get to start hunting on Sundays!

I am a resident of NC and I am fine with Sunday hunting. I attend church with my family most Sundays but I have no problem with others hunting then and if I wanted to I could hunt later in the afternoon. I understand some people oppose it and I feel like they have the right to but the whole population shouldn’t have to not hunt because of their views.

We can hunt on Sunday here on private land but public land is still under the previous restriction for some reason (beyond reason). Please take the survey and help us get more access and privilege on land we ALL own!

The primary opposition to Sunday hunting on game lands isnt coming from churches or hunters. It's coming from other game lands users who think they "deserve" a day where they "dont have to worry" while using game lands at no cost that hunters have to pay to access. Though it wouldn't affect me because I wont be hunting on Sunday either way, I supported it in the survey. I'm still fairly sure that the Asheville, Charlotte, and Raleigh/Cary crowd will be the squeaky wheel.

I'll also add that it seems to me that it's undermining the process if parties who arent connected to the game lands are weighing in on the management of them. I dont have a problem with hunters who would potentially come to NC weighing in, but I dont think Wyomingans would appreciate people from NYC weighing in on their wildlife management practices....

The primary opposition to Sunday hunting on game lands isnt coming from churches or hunters. It's coming from other game lands users who think they "deserve" a day where they "dont have to worry" while using game lands at no cost that hunters have to pay to access. Though it wouldn't affect me because I wont be hunting on Sunday either way, I supported it in the survey. I'm still fairly sure that the Asheville, Charlotte, and Raleigh/Cary crowd will be the squeaky wheel.

I'll also add that it seems to me that it's undermining the process if parties who arent connected to the game lands are weighing in on the management of them. I dont have a problem with hunters who would potentially come to NC weighing in, but I dont think Wyomingans would appreciate people from NYC weighing in on their wildlife management practices....
Agreed! Most of my Sunday is spent with family or at church but I’m not gonna deny others who want to hunt on Sunday the right to.

Notably, this isn't just a survey. This is an actual proposed regulation change that has to go through public comment phase. I dont think I know of any regs that haven't been enacted after going through public comment, so I think its safe to say that this will be changed for the 2021-2022 season.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back