PEAX Equipment

Suggestions For Wyoming Antelope Area 100

Roll Tide

A friend and I will be hunting Area 100 from Sept 19th through the 21st. Any suggestions regarding where to hunt, etc. would be appreciated.

Three days to hunt isn't much time to shoot a couple good bucks if you don't even know the unit! Have you contacted the G&F biologist for that area to get his take on things?

Did you use the search function here and on Google? Where's Cushman? LOL

I have talked with the game warden who said she would point us in the right direction when we get there, have done Google searches on Area 100, read Eastman's "Hunting Trophy Antelope" (I hunted Area 7 a few years back), purchased the Hunting GPS Maps for my Garmin and their Google Earth overlay, and printed large scale maps of the Medicine Butte and Bear River Divide HMAs. There is so much public land in that unit, I was hoping for general suggestions on areas that have been consistent in holding antelope. We are not trophy hunters. Nice horns would be a plus, but I just want to bring one of those tasty critters home!

cant help ya much with unit 100,, but wyoming should have a loper waiting for ya,,,it blew me away when i went last year with the incredible antelope #s in wyoming,good luck.

You shouldn't have a problem seeing animals and shooting a couple if you don't care how big they are. Just going for 3 days and expecting to shoot a couple big bucks is a different story. You might luck into a couple the first hour of the first day and then again you might not see one that will break 70" in your 3 days. That's why it's called hunting and not shooting.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back