Caribou Gear Tarp

Stormy-Sis pup at 8 mos

Don Fischer

Got home yesterday and had an e-mail from a guy I sold a pup to in Colorado Springs. He doesn't have training birds so she is with a trainer back there and about ready to come home. Next month he's off to Kansas with her. She look's like her mom, Sis but maybe a bit darker red. Love getting e-mails like this! Pup's call name is Bliss.

fravCUYl.jpg

I'm gonna have to have another litter pretty soon, love having puppy's around!

Mom/Sis
WXZLesvl.jpg

Dad/Stormy
4UMdNNzl.jpg

Sorry for my ignorance but I'm trying to figure out the breed. I see long hair and short hair. Or two breeds?

Sorry for my ignorance but I'm trying to figure out the breed. I see long hair and short hair. Or two breeds?

This is the Amer Field version of the Irish Setter. Very early 1950's a few guy's got fed up with the direction of the AKC Irish Setter so found the best AKC hunting female they could and crossed it with a son of 1946 Nat Ch Mississippi Zev, an English Setter. Lot of controlled breeding later and Amer Field and AKC both accepted them as Irish Setter's. Then, so I've read, the Irish Setter club of America threw a fit, they figured out they would never have another dual champion. Well in the end Red's can still be cross registered with AKC but they are the only breed that require a DNA test to do it. Today's dog's are much more in line with the Irish Setter as it was first imported and these guy's are great hunter's.

Last edited:
Back