Caribou Gear Tarp

Stock Extenders and Muzzle Brake

Bowhunter60

I have a TC Dimension with barrels in 22-250, 308, and 300 WinMag. The rifle shoots great. What I need is an extender that I can build into the stock to give me another 1" of pull length. I'm 6'7" and the only issue I have with the rifle is the length of pull. Does anyone have any thoughts on an extender I can build into the stock to give me a little extra pull length.

Finally, the recoil on all the rifles is very good, but the 300 WinMag is something I'd like to tone down a little bit. It's completely manageable and the recoil is not intolerable at all. What I'd like to do is have something that will allow for a better follow up shot if needed. This means managing recoil. Does anyone have any thoughts on a recoil arrestor for a TC barrel?

About anything that you can glue/screw to the stock that allows you to screw/glue the recoil pad back could be used as a spacer. The pics of the Dimension on their website looks like there is already a spacer. Might contact them for a second one.

About anything that you can glue/screw to the stock that allows you to screw/glue the recoil pad back could be used as a spacer. The pics of the Dimension on their website looks like there is already a spacer. Might contact them for a second one.

I did contact them, this is the answer I got. "Unfortunately the only spacers we offer are the two that come with the rifle originally." So, I may need to go customized.

sorry, deleted because it was already stated above

Last edited:
I'm probably telling you something you already know but in case you bought the rifle used and they were not included..... the Dimension comes with different length of pull spacers that allows 3 different lengths of pulls. If you already have 2 spacers in there, maybe you could buy a 3rd spacer to extend it even further. if you don't have any spacers at all I'd look at ordering them or finding them online

I thought so too. If you look below, you'll see the response I got from TC regarding them.

IMO, muzzle brakes are an abomination. IF you shoot at a public range (with others close by), expect nasty looks when you shoot. If you hunt with a companion, stop. Your buddy will probably only "spot" one shot for you with the brake on the rifle.
An increase on the recoil pad is the way to go. :)

IMO, muzzle brakes are an abomination. IF you shoot at a public range (with others close by), expect nasty looks when you shoot. If you hunt with a companion, stop. Your buddy will probably only "spot" one shot for you with the brake on the rifle.
An increase on the recoil pad is the way to go. :)

I tend to agree with you Gary.

I did contact them, this is the answer I got. "Unfortunately the only spacers we offer are the two that come with the rifle originally." So, I may need to go customized.
Just epoxy a piece of wood or plastic of the desired thickness to one of their spacers then. I'd probably go with wood as it'd be easier to source and you probably already have the tools at home to easily shape it. Use the current spacer as a template for any holes it would need.

I put limbsaver slip on recoil pads over my stock recoil pads. Sure makes it "fit" better. Unfortunately rifle manufacturers still build rifles for midgety 5'9" guys

I have used BBs placed into stocks forearm and butt. Most synthetic stocks have hollow areas that can be filled easily and held in place with epoxy or silicone.
This will add weight, but the magnums are nicer to shoot after the right amount is added.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back