Still a few elk left in CO

Damnit, I knew I should have been a biological survey-focused helicopter pilot.

Interesting to me that they pick this time of year to chase the animals around and stress them out. As if they don't have enough trouble surviving through the winter on their own. Maybe i'm wrong thinking this but i'm the kind of guy that waits till later in the season to shed hunt for that exact reason, even though it means a lot of other people get there first.

Pretty cool, but yea they certainly seemed stressed out. Maybe it is early enough in the winter that it won't impact them that much? I'm sure there is a reason for the timing. I'll have to get in touch with CPW to get their coordinates..........................

Interesting to me that they pick this time of year to chase the animals around and stress them out. As if they don't have enough trouble surviving through the winter on their own. Maybe i'm wrong thinking this but i'm the kind of guy that waits till later in the season to shed hunt for that exact reason, even though it means a lot of other people get there first.

I don’t know anything about anything that’s for sure

but if I had to guess right now is a sweet spot, before the cows are in a super sensitive gestational phase (winter is just truly getting started) and after there’s been some rest fromthe hunting season stress

disregarding that now is probably the best time to do it because they’ve moved out into the open towards wintering grounds and are super herded up, making for easy counting

also one day of helicopter disturbance is different than 55 days straight disturbance by hikers, bikers, and shed hunters

that’s my theory at least

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jerrod12
Back