Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Stabilizer size and weights?

bigbuck247

What length stabilizer and what weight are y’all running for hunting? I just got a new Matthews VXR 31.5 and got a trophy ridge hitman 8” and trying to decide if I need to take some weight off as every time I I draw I notice I’m having to come up to the target opposed to being at bullseye level.

Why would the weight of someone else’s stabilizer help determine the weight of yours? Don’t worry about what anyone else’s weighs and determine that on you own. Not trying to be a smart ass but how YOU shoot that bow is going to determine the weight. You’ve got to spend some time tinkering to figure out what works best for you

Remember the longer the stabilizer the less weight if your running one rod. It will take more weight on the shorter rod to have same effect.

Why would the weight of someone else’s stabilizer help determine the weight of yours? Don’t worry about what anyone else’s weighs and determine that on you own. Not trying to be a smart ass but how YOU shoot that bow is going to determine the weight. You’ve got to spend some time tinkering to figure out what works best for you
Not asking what weight you are to be able to change mine to match. Asking in general what everyone is running for their hunting rig. And no offense but for not trying to be you hit it right on the head.

Remember the longer the stabilizer the less weight if your running one rod. It will take more weight on the shorter rod to have same effect.
I’m thinking this maybe the case. Going to remove one of the weights and see how it changes it to see if this is what is happening. I’m used to a much shorter stabilizer in the past.

I’m thinking this maybe the case. Going to remove one of the weights and see how it changes it to see if this is what is happening. I’m used to a much shorter stabilizer in the past.
I had a six inch limbsaver last year. This year I picked up a 12” cutter stabilizer with 2oz out front.

I had a six inch limbsaver last year. This year I picked up a 12” cutter stabilizer with 2oz out front.
I have a 8” trophy ridge hitman with 2oz out front. I took one of the weights in the front and seemed to pull up better I think.

i recently helped a friend with this same thing. we taped a magnet to his stabilizer, then we added and subtracted magnets till we found the weight he liked. he is new to shooting and had no idea where to start. a little redneck but it worked.

I played around with different stabilizers/weights over the years and ended up putting my old 6 inch limb saver back on for a little dampening. The longer ones actually hurt my consistency a bit. That said, a couple of my hunting partners shooting improved quite a bit with longer stabilizers. We all shoot just as well at longer distances with different setups. Probably need to experiment and see what works best for you.

10” front + 8” side bar. 4 ounces in the front and 2 on the side. Great balance and stability in breezy conditions.

I have a v3 27 and I run a 12 and a 10 but every one is diff the further ur bar is away from u the less weight u have to run

Back