Spring Turkey Season 2020 Recap

singleshot1

With all the current crap going on what better way to be socially distant than get out and turkey hunt. I have a slight addiction when it comes to turkey hunting, this year was no different than previous years. 6 tags, 3 states, and 5 weeks to hunt, let the fun begin.

2nd Season in Illinois started out slow and chilly, after helping a buddy connect on his bird i set off to fill my tag. After a couple slow mornings i finally called this guy away from his group of hens.
IL2nd.jpg

One down, five to go. Time to pack the truck and head to South Dakota to hunt Merriam's in the Black Hills. This is always a challenging hunt, Black Hills birds are real butt kickers. After 3 days and 31 boot miles of chasing these things around i finally connected. Not the sexiest bird but it still tasted fine.
SD.jpg

Back home in Illinois with 4th and 5th season tags in the pocket the fun really began. The birds were a lot more active, responding to calls and decoys well. 4th season lasted about 15 minutes for me as this one flew from the roost right into me decoy, he was shot in self defense.
IL4th.jpg

5th season we drug out for two days before i connected on this one.
IL5th.jpg

With only two tags left it was now time to head up to Wisconsin. This hunt has been a yearly tradition, i meet up with a couple friends for this one. This hunt is more about catching up and hanging out with some turkey hunting mixed in. Well like much of this season these tags were punched rather quickly. Both birds couldn't resist the fan, it's crazy how fast they run in when they see a intruding tail fan coming their way.
WI6th1.jpg
WI6th2.jpg

Hope everyone had a safe and healthy spring. Good Luck out there.

Attachments

• IL2nd.jpg
    IL2nd.jpg
    325.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IL4th.jpg
    IL4th.jpg
    212.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IL5th.jpg
    IL5th.jpg
    352.8 KB · Views: 0
  • SD.jpg
    SD.jpg