Spring Bone.. It pays to bear hunt

William Christy

Found all of these while looking for bear. If Oscar keeps practices sucking those grapefruits through surgical tubing (like he showed me while Idaho bear hunting last Spring), WW and I might just take him on a late season elk hunt in a good place that we have recently discovered.

2002%20TY%20Spring%20Elk%20Bone.jpg

There are a few good sets here from 350+ bulls. I found 8 lefts that I need to go back and find the matches. Found 2 different lefts off the same bull that dropped them in the same location. Would be cool to have a few antlers off a big boy that take him. The bull I really want is the heavy 7X7. That is the bull that hung all last summer with the one I killed last September. I found his sheds right near where I killed that bull up real high in a place I'd never expect to find an antler. I was always wondering if I shot the smaller of the two and it was good to find out. His antlers are a little broken up, but still in fairly good shape. The other set I'm holding has 56" main beams. The best bull is one that I found 2 consecutive years of his left. He has short beams (48", but great mass and long tines, including a 22" royal). Got skunked bear hunting, but if I can find the matches, I'll be about 2,000.00 ahead. Not going to sell them for a while though as I want to see what a couple of us slay in the falls to come.
2002%20350%20sets.jpg

Here's about 30lbs of bone and 75lbs of bone on a backpack from a couple of the better days.
2002%20Spring%20Bone%20in%20backpack.jpg

Greeny,

You have a golden place on earth for hunting. Good on ya, it doesn't come easy!!!!

Moosie, you are full of chit!!!!!

:D :D :D

Bill

This will be the envy of every one on the board [ceptin maybe for the fisherwoosies] Good haul and congratulations.... :D :D :D

Next year in this area the biological results are going to indicate a shortage of mice. :D The recomendation from the biolgical survey is to shut this area down until rhodent populations can be stabalized!! :confused:
Thanks a lot Greenhorn
;) HA HA

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 06-17-2002 22:04: Message edited by: raybow 1 ]</font>

Man thats a lot of head gear, the bears probably saw you comming a mile away with all thoses points !
Great pic.s, thanks !

SLURP.... POP....(One grapefruit) SLURP.... POP....(Two grapefruits) You're full of (SLUFP) chit if you think I give a Dam about (SLURP) somne fuggin Bone from an Elk... Talking about (slurp) me and a surgical tubing is just sick and (SLURP) wrong.....

The hell I'll put up with comments like that (3 grapefruits)........

:D :D :D

Greenhorn,

Great finds, sounds like you have plans for that big 7x7, do you hunt them with a rifle or with a bow or muzz? Is that your boy in the pic. I'll bet you can't wait to take him with you..I feel the same about my 9mth old daughther. Take care. Great pics.

Great sheds ;)

Looks like I'm going to have to take my friend up on his offer and go to Montana. He owns a chain of grocery stores in Chattanooga,Tn and owns 2000 acres somewhere between Bozeman and Helena. After seeing your kills and sheds......I need to start putting in for Montana elk drawings. :D

He also goes to Idaho somewhere and elk hunts.

Wow! So, did you shoot the smaller of the two? Are those just the matching ones? Now you have a bunch of right sides to go find, wow, to match the lefts, wow!

The one I shot scored about 20" more than that one. I'm sure I'd of been happy either way though. Boman, it's usually archery, but if I have to, I'd definatly go during the rifle season.

hey greeny i just found this thread,,i missed it the first time around. looks like you wintered well,,,,what did you gain 12 maybe 15 pounds since i saw you last fall,,,two words fo advice,,,,,make that three,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, SLIM FAST NOW

As usual, you're so right 280.

I am kinda a fat boy.. always have been. Pretty hefty below the belt. They don't call me "The Donkey." for nothing you know.

All I can conjur up for your excuse (blindness and stupidity) is... MAYBE.. just MAYBE.. it's from all that pillow-biting you do. I dunno. Can't think of anything else.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 07-01-2002 15:48: Message edited by: Greenhorn ]</font>

lol....man you are a legend,,,careful greeny you are close to lashing out like the cat hunter from Idaho you stirred up a while back

Way to go on the sheds!

A lot of folks talk about going shed hunting but I suspect VERY few put in the homework
and really scout for them.

Its pretty funny that folks rag ya when you show up with a big one, they have no idea the hours of homework.

The payback is sure there.....proof is in the bone! hehe, That sounds cool.
you can use that if ya want:D

Way to go

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back