Spring bear

idahojoe

Alright guys this is my first post on this forum, I just wanted to talk about spring bear hunting and the different tactics everyone uses, living in idaho we are allowed to bait I have hunted over bait the last two seasons but have been unsuccessful due to the small bears we had hitting the bait during legal shooting hours. My bait set up is pretty simple a 55 gallon steel drum, the contents of the barrel vary this year my plan so far is old fryer grease I have 20 gallons so far I figure that will get me through the initial set up than I'll go get more hopefully but besides that dog food, old bread some artificial attractants jelly donuts in a bottle basically because this year the bakery's I use to get from arent supplying me with it this year also I've heard of using popcorn? Just want to hear everyone else's set ups and bait they use I would like to do spot and stalk but the area we hunt is very thick and not very inviting to that style of hunting also I am hunting on 100 acres of private land but I'll quit rambling just would like to hear everyone else's set ups! Thanks!

FYI as a newbie this is not the area to make a post like that. Scroll down the Bears Forum and start your new thread down there. If you go down through the Forums, you should be able to find a Forum that fits what you want to post about and that would be where to go for this particular discussion. Welcome again to the site!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back