Spring bear?

outlaw from Idaho

Howdy just came on board today. Can't wait till spring. I'll just have to call a bunch of coyotes and do some cat hunting until spring warms things up for spring bear. Hears a picture of my last springs bear. Outlaw

www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Canyon/8026/9.jpg

------------------
Life is short,but I can say I've had a good hunt!

[This message has been edited by outlaw from Idaho (edited 12-28-2000).]

Welcome Aboard ID Outlaw!!!!!! And welcome to our site. I see you live in like 10 different states!!!! HEheheh
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Well I'm From Boise ID. Someone that gts fired up like that for bear I got's ta meet!!!

NICE FRIGGIN BEAR!!!

------------------
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI> AKA Moose Hunter
<LI> <A HREF="http://www.huntandlodge.com
" TARGET=_blank>http://www.huntandlodge.com
</A>

moose.gif

[/list]

34 and 35 I am going to run some Bait sites in this year Outlaw, I have had 3 years success in 39.

Bear.jpg

bear1.jpg

And check out the Taxidermy room on main page for last years bear. I need to dig up one from this year....... Still waiting for theat "BIG ONE" though.....

------------------
-Moosie

[This message has been edited by Moosie (edited 12-22-2000).]

No Notthe front lawn of the zoo...... You have to SNEAK in the back to take the animals out
wink.gif

But seriousely, That was my first bear and It was dark by the time we got out. I took it on the Lawn of my taxidermist. This years bear I did the same thing. Last years bear I got a pic in the field, But some say I got it drunk first!!!
biggrin.gif
Check the picture...

Here is this years bear:

beargrass.jpg

Note ALSO IN THE LAWN... HEhehe

------------------
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI> AKA Moose Hunter
<LI> www.huntandlodge.com

moose.gif

[/list]

Outlaw....I live over by Sawtooth City(Smiley Creek) There is some great spring bear hunting here especially later in the year when it finally greens up real good. I only killed one bear but see alot of sows with cubs(can't shoot them) I usually just listen for reports of ravenous bear reports and away I go. Fortunately the fish and game officer tells me of these and he would like to have them harvested instead of trapped and moved. We also got a huge black by Redfish Lake Lodge on a hill side 50 yards from the Lodge with a bow and arrow. The boar weighed 250 and squared a lil over 6 foor not bad for this area. We get alot of color phase bears here. Anyways great pic of your bear I need to post some of my trophy's one of these days.
Chris

MTranch Chris,good to hear from you.You live in Gods country.I love that area and on north. Glad to hear your getting into the bears. I'll be doing some hunting close by you this spring. Maybe I'll run into you. Is the pass still open from the south now? Have you seen many coyotes up there this year? Outlaw

------------------

Outlaw...Hiway 21 is closed right now I don't for see it being open again until March but hiway 75 is usually open and if closed it is for an hour or so. Ummmmm yeah the yotes are here but too much sagebrush showing yet thru the snow. Well we cheat here we road hunt them with trucks on the hiway and snowmobiles on the trails. We killed quite a few here last year. Too damn cold to sit and call one up here but I still might give it a try oneday this year. Gotta be careful tho becuz them overgrown ones on steroids are cruising the same places. I almost popped one last year I thought it was a lil large when I laser ranged him at 600 yards. It was kinda on the black/darkside also which made me keep the finger off the trigger. Anyways let me know when you come up and we could swap strategies etc or let you know where them bears are hiding.
Chris

Chris thanks for the info. Whats the temp been getting down to up there? I'm in washington until sometime after new years. Then will be headed back to Idaho. Want to do some coyote calling with my son and maybe try tracking a couger up behind Bliss Idaho. So it mite be april-may before I get up your way. Would be fun to met up and BS a little,I'll keep in touch. Have a good winter and stay warm. Thanks Outlaw

------------------

OSCAR what are you doing to that por bear come on you allready shot him and haveing full body mount you didn't really need to mount him right there on the spot did you????

------------------
Mini Moose
moosebattle2.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back