Spring Bear Series

Twolftg

Really excited and hoping for another Spring Bear Series. For me it's some of the more enjoyable content provided and was a huge part in me taking my first trip out west last spring. I know the majority the excitement for bear isnt even close to what it is for elk and other ungulates. I am really hoping for a small segment on online scouting similar to what Randy did with elk last year. Either way I will be watching.

You guys might hate me, but as a medium-timer bear hunter who learned from the ground up, I wouldn't want to see a lot of "how to find a bear spot" content personally. They are, relative to ungulates, easy to pin down to "spots" IME, not particularly numerous of course, and it's not that easy to get away from other hunters if there is any measure of pressure. There just isn't that much huntable acreage compared to other species given the season and tactics involved. This is entirely selfish, and I'll own it. I hope you can see my perspective while disagreeing with me, as I can surely see yours. A 20 year old me probably would have been glad for a youtube tutorial.
Maybe there are so few ambitious spring bear hunters that it wouldn't make a blip. I don't want this to derail your thread either, but consider it an alternate opinion. Happy hunting, and best of luck on the bears!

You guys might hate me, but as a medium-timer bear hunter who learned from the ground up, I wouldn't want to see a lot of "how to find a bear spot" content personally. They are, relative to ungulates, easy to pin down to "spots" IME, not particularly numerous of course, and it's not that easy to get away from other hunters if there is any measure of pressure. There just isn't that much huntable acreage compared to other species given the season and tactics involved. This is entirely selfish, and I'll own it. I hope you can see my perspective while disagreeing with me, as I can surely see yours. A 20 year old me probably would have been glad for a youtube tutorial.
Maybe there are so few ambitious spring bear hunters that it wouldn't make a blip. I don't want this to derail your thread either, but consider it an alternate opinion. Happy hunting, and best of luck on the bears!
I am sure I might feel different if being able to hunt without much hunter pressure was anything I could relate to in my home state. From my western experience you could multiple the hunters I ran into by 10 and it would still be less than I am used to. I am also the kind of guy that doesnt hold a "spot" sacred. If giving up my "spot" gets someone into hunting I am happy to do it. I try to get anyone I know to hunt bears and I would gladly help them in their pursuit, even though ultimately it would lead to more people applying for our limited draws. I like Randy's content and I like bear hunting, just hoping for more to watch.

I am sure I might feel different if being able to hunt without much hunter pressure was anything I could relate to in my home state. From my western experience you could multiple the hunters I ran into by 10 and it would still be less than I am used to. I am also the kind of guy that doesnt hold a "spot" sacred. If giving up my "spot" gets someone into hunting I am happy to do it. I try to get anyone I know to hunt bears and I would gladly help them in their pursuit, even though ultimately it would lead to more people applying for our limited draws. I like Randy's content and I like bear hunting, just hoping for more to watch.
I agree the hunts are super to watch. I'm talking more about the e-scouting piece of it. I see your point though.

Devils advocate... aside from a few nuts out there, me... you... , how many people have more than a couple of spring bears... or even 1 bear.

It's not like elk where people are going to come back year after year for decades.

I really like their most recent video on escouting for bears as I would like to see more of the bear hunting tips part.

I just watched and really found it helpful. I have never really had trouble finding spots where the bears will be, it's been more finding spots to see those spots. I primarily use OnX and the Goole earth Pro aspect will be a game changer. As someone who is 1000+ miles away from spring bear hunting locations, anything I can do to increase the chances of not hiking 5 miles to a "good spot" only to find out you cant see what you want I will take!

Back