Spotting Scope Question.

Kyhunter42

I was thinking about buy a Leupold Sequoia 15-45x60mm Spotting Scope. Does anyone have this scope or used it before? It might be the cheapes spotting scope Leupold makes, but it is all I can afford.

In that case, I really would suggest that you save up for something better. Sorry to say, but I think you'll be really disappointed with that one. What's the maximum you want to spend?

I'm only going to be able to spend about $250-$300. I was hoping to find something in this price range and upgrade in a couple of years.

It's not so good. I'd pass.

Save your dimes and get a good quality. In the long run you'll be $ ahead.

Keep an eye out for used Minox and Leupold gold ring spotters.

Also, in addition to the Minox and Leupold Gold Ring, a used Kowa wouldn't be a bad one to look for as well. I've got a Kowa with a 60mm objective lens, and a 25x long eye relief eye piece, and it's a real decent scope for the money. A new one would be out of your price range, but if you can find a used one it could be one worth having. If you have ever looked through a cheap spotter, you'll see why having the eye relief is important.

I would say in that price range I would take a serious look at the Nikon XL II in 16x48x60. I used a Bushnell Spacemaster for several years and finally decided that I needed something better but didn't have $$$$$ to buy a Swaro, Leica, or Zeiss, so I went to my local optics dealer and he had a Nikon XL II which he highly recommended for a spotter in that price range. I've been using it for about a year now and I really like it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lincoln's Poppi
Back