Caribou Gear Tarp

Splitting elk meat

Friend packed half of my elk out....3 trips 6 miles each trip. We split the elk 50/50. Only fair way to handle it is to offer part of the elk and he did a lot of work so deserves it in my opinion.

MN it was always an even split all around. IA transferring venison is illegal so I never share ;);)

i dont hunt in big parties, mostly just me and my dad, but ive never split meat with anyone. but whenever we cook any of the meat, whether its big game, upland, or even fish we catch, we always invite friends and family over to enjoy it. so i guess in that way we share everything

Im a travelling hunter and you just gotta cut the deal and lay out all the expenses & efforts and how the meat gets divided before you go. There are so many options on how it can play out. Heck we have had trips where two guys drove from Pa pulling a big trailer with atvs and tents and gear and coolers to colorado and two or three flew out. Left trucks sit and flew home to come back out a few weeks later and hunt a different state. 95% of the time the meat is split equally along with the efforts and expenses.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back