Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Spice blends

Irrelevant

Any recommendations for craft spice blends? I tried Montana mex, which was pretty good, but I'm looking for other, both other ethnicities and other brands, something that's easy but also different than my typical favor profiles

My local Sam’s Club has some by a company called Spanglish Asadero. Pretty good.

Wisconsin company with some good blends is called Penzey’s spices. Their “Northwoods” blends are killer.

Any recommendations for craft spice blends? I tried Montana mex, which was pretty good, but I'm looking for other, both other ethnicities and other brands, something that's easy but also different than my typical favor profiles
Have had good luck with this brand....

not my first time raving about this company on HT.

You are way better off mixing your own-- most commercial spice blends are primarily salt-- but I'm a big fan of Savory Spice's Kansas City Strip Steak Seasoning: https://www.savoryspiceshop.com/products/kansas-city-strip-steak-seasoning

The Pike's Peak Butcher's Rub is pretty good, too (https://www.savoryspiceshop.com/collections/bbq-grilling/products/pikes-peak-butchers-rub) and the Nantucket Herb & Citrus is fantastic on smoked poultry (https://www.savoryspiceshop.com/collections/bbq-grilling/products/nantucket-herb-citrus-rub).

I’ll give an ode to Everglades seasonings. I like the cactus dust, but all purpose is good.

I use Riley’s seasons, all purpose and Cajun on everything, almost everyday.

Both are delicious by themselves— mixed together is incredibly delicious. Smokey sweet savory and salty all at once. Great on both red and white meat! I got the kettlehouse alpine touch at our local costco
image.jpg

You live close to or ever travel by a Bucc’ees? They have a solid spice selection.

Also my local Ace Hardware stores have an even more impressive display.

Not sure if either are options for you.

Also, another vote for make your own. You can buy bulk (1lb) bags of spices (I like Frontier) on Amazon for a fraction of the cost of the little store bought bottles. Get some Redmond Real Salt or a good Himalayan Red Salt and you are waaaaay ahead of the curve.

My wife has a cookbook that has a good selection of “clean”’spice blends that we have used for successful starting points for several blends. I’d say we are making our blends for 1/10-1/5 the cost of the plastic bottle blends everyone on YouTube sells now.

I like all of the Alpine Touch flavors.

I also just found out I like the Traeger Blackened rub. Only had it once, but I was about ready to put it on my Cheerios the next morning it was so good.

So I do make my own but I also get tired of the same flavor profiles.
Traeger makes some decent BBQ blends
Cavender is good for Greek
Montana mex decent for mex, but most others I've tried have disappointing.
Curry blends?
North African?
Caribbean?

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back