Yeti GOBOX Collection

Speed Goats in Unit 16 NM

BDH

Well, I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that I had green next to my application for a unit 16 antelope. Its been well over 15 years since I have been in the 16s, but I am pretty sure the game is the same, find water and glass. I am going to try and hold out for a big one and just enjoy the beautiful land scape.
I would like know your thoughts on if my 300 win mag is too much? I turned myself into a one rifle man, about the time I got married. I can shoot out to 800 meters, (not that I would shoot at an animal at 800) without much thought and do it regularly, BUT I have reservations of using this caliber on speed goats off the DOPE I have.

RLTW

Congrats! Is it the ideal gun? no. will it kill the antelope? Yes. If you want an excuse to buy another gun it is a horrible option. If you could use that money towards another hunt or something else that is more intriguing use your gun.

Congrats on the tag. I personally like powerful flat shooters for pronghorn. Is it more than you need? Probably, but I'd hate to miss out on an opportunity because I brought a smaller rifle.

We harvested 2 antelope last year with a 300WM with no issues. One was a frontal shot and the bullet came out his back end just past the tenderloins so no meat loss on either goat. Both dropped in their tracks. Plan on using it again this year in Wyoming for pronghorn. Also for my NM bull :)

We harvested 2 antelope last year with a 300WM with no issues. One was a frontal shot and the bullet came out his back end just past the tenderloins so no meat loss on either goat. Both dropped in their tracks. Plan on using it again this year in Wyoming for pronghorn. Also for my NM bull :)
Thanks for the advice, gonna stick with the 300WM! Good luck on the NM hunt! There has been a pretty good snow pack so we should have some antler growth!

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back