South Dakota guys..

jore07

Hey guys, just thought I'd try to check in with the locals and see how things are looking over there. I am coming down the last week of October for an archery hunt and just wanting to see if there is anything I should be aware of or if deer season is looking good.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

I appreciate all the help you guys have given me over the last while in preparing for this hunt. I'll be hunting in Mellette county, around Wood.

Thanks all.

I am east of there 200 miles or so, but I believe they have been getting good moisture lately. Have not heard of any issues, so you you should be good to go.

I live in Hot Springs and the deer populations seem to be pretty decent. I am not familiar with where you will be hunting but everything is looking pretty good over here on the southwest side of the state. I hate driving through the parks up north and seeing so many nice elk, deer and antelope and not being able to do a darn thing about it! ha

Good luck!

Thanks guys again I appreciate all the help. Just nice to hear it from people who live there and know the weather and patterns.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back