Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

South Dakota deer question

PaLuke

Hello, we're planning to head to South Dakota for whitetail in 15A and I received an email about the blue tongue outbreak in that unit. I talked to a warden from Belle Fourche and now we're on the fence about going. Their game commission is buying licenses back because of this. If anyone has anymore info about the deer kill off in that unit it would be appreciated? Thanks.

Thanks for the reply. I didn't know the buyback was statewide or almost statewide. I left a message with a biologist on Friday and I'll try again tomorrow.

Maybe message some game wardens in the area as well. Think they started the buy back a few years ago, usually have a special draw and resell them. Blue tongue hits whitetails out west pretty bad, good luck.

I have hunted out there when the blue tounge was going around. We went anyway and we tagged out. If I got a tag I go always realizing if I kill something then it is just icing on the cake.

Hopefully I get some fairly good news from the biologist. We're traveling from Pennsylvania and I just want to make sure before we leave. It's a long way. Take care.

A buddy and I have tags there and just talked to a landowner that says they have not seen or heard of any evidence of die-off

How'd your hunt go? I have a tag for 15A this year. I called and he told me even though it hit again this year, should be a decent year.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back