Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Sous Vide Antelope Steak

20+ hours? Wow! I need to do some more research. :)

Guy
There are some great resources out there, from what I’ve read to really break down a big tough cut of meat, you really need to get into the 36+hr range.

You can cook whole uncut loin, top sirloin, or roast for hours and slice after searing and they’ll be perfect.
This was my first attempt at an antelope sirloin a few years ago. The sous vide heater can be used for lots of other things as well. I have a Anova.View attachment 117933

I threw one of these in tonight for tomorrow’s dinner. Does the connective tissue in the sirloin break down and become palatable? In your pic they are still pretty well defined.

Anyone else have temp and time tips for this cut of meat? Right now I have it at 135 and it will go 20 hours.

I threw one of these in tonight for tomorrow’s dinner. Does the connective tissue in the sirloin break down and become palatable? In your pic they are still pretty well defined.

Anyone else have temp and time tips for this cut of meat? Right now I have it at 135 and it will go 20 hours.
This sounds about inline for my research on this as well. Get a good sear on it after drying it out of the bag and it should be money!

The only thing I enjoyed more than cooking a roast like this was eating the cold cuts the next day. 🤤

Any one who finds this in the future, 20 hours didn’t break down the connective tissue. It did however break dow the meat grain structure. Finished product was the taste and consistency of liverwurst. 🤢🤮

Dogs gotta eat too I guess.

I cut out all connective tissue in antelope. Tendons and that especially in the legs are some of the toughest around. Mother nature designed that so they can handle long distance speed racing. And to my experience, connective tissue in antelope does NOT break down. I also remove what fat I find. Antelope don't have a whole lot of fat as a rule though.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back