Yeti GOBOX Collection

Something you don't see every day!

Dougfirtree

I went fishing with my brother yesterday, on Lake Champlain. This lake has an incredibly diverse fishery and we were in one of the shallower, warmer sections of the lake. We encountered 3 of these gar orgies, two on shoreline rock piles and one on a mid lake pile. The gar in the picture are 3-4 feet in length and they would writhe all over each other, splashing and rolling. And while there were always 30 or 40 of them in the pile, there were always others around, coming and going. Pretty cool and a first for me! I wish I could post the video I took...
IMG_4584.jpeg

I went fishing with my brother yesterday, on Lake Champlain. This lake has an incredibly diverse fishery and we were in one of the shallower, warmer sections of the lake. We encountered 3 of these gar orgies, two on shoreline rock piles and one on a mid lake pile. The gar in the picture are 3-4 feet in length and they would writhe all over each other, splashing and rolling. And while there were always 30 or 40 of them in the pile, there were always others around, coming and going. Pretty cool and a first for me! I wish I could post the video I took...
View attachment 183638
You need to be sticking those with the bow 😜
Matt

Wow that's pretty neat. Did you try fishing for them? I wonder if they would be aggressive and attack any lure thrown in their face since they are in spawning mode. Bet they would slash through anything besides a steel leader real quick.

Wow that's pretty neat. Did you try fishing for them? I wonder if they would be aggressive and attack any lure thrown in their face since they are in spawning mode. Bet they would slash through anything besides a steel leader real quick.
As a married man with 3 younger kids, I have a strong moral objection to interrupting any creature who found an opportunity to spawn in peace. I let them be. ;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back