Someone told me a story

gouch

Someone close to me came to visit last week. He is going through a divorce and some other nasty legal stuff, and he just wanted to talk. He told me he was going to lease, with option to buy, a house on twenty acres that was basically a private museum once owned by Erro Flinn, now owned by his estate. He talked all about all the Indian and old west antiquities there that had been collected by Erro Flinn, Gene Wilder and Clark Gable. He told me that he had been given a few things from the house, including an old Wells Fargo coach gun and a bunch of arrow heads. I believed him because I trust him but, damn, the whole story seemed just a little farfetched.

Well, tonight he showed up with a couple of things.
IMG_0442.JPG
IMG_0443.JPG
Serial number 111

Mounted and framed by Gene Wilder
IMG_0444.JPG

Sorry about the crappy picture

A lot of actors had or have property in in Sothern Oregon, Including John Wayne. Most of them kept quiet about it so they had a place to go to get away.
Didn’t know! I had only been aware that Jim Bulushi had/has a weed farm near Medford.

Yeah, Belushi is a pretty big advocate for the pot industry down here. Ginger Rodgers lived most of her life here. John Wayne owned Morrisin lodge on the Rogue River. Kirsty Alley who died recently had a ranch here. Patric Duffy just sold his ranch last December. Kim Novac live here and of course Bruce Campell is a longtime resident here. Sam Elliot owns a place up there by Eugene. You might want to keep an eye out for him. Been some others but I think Montana is the place for actors nowadays.

The story about that gun is that Errol Flinn and Clark gable were big time into collecting Indian art effects and were looking for burial sites when they found a cave. Inside the cave they found the coach gun, a wagon wheel and a cash register with two one-dollar bills alongside it. The guy who has the gun also has the cash register and one of the dollar bills. He owns a business in town, and I have seen the cash register in his shop and even commented on how cool it was, but he never told me the story.

Back