Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Somebody....

D

Dick Reece

Ask me what I just traded up in the way of a new varmint rifle,through my local gun dealer.

Hey P.C wot did you just trade up to mate
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Thought you'd never ask, mate
biggrin.gif

I traded a Marlin Cowboy 45-70 and a Sig Sauer 45 M2 Mauser pistol for a Bushmaster

XM15 E2S 20in Barrel Rifle:

Features of this lightweight, semi-automatic rifle include a heavy barrel with a gov't. mil. spec. chrome lining in both bore and chamber for optimum durability and accuracy. The 20" barrel, and all steel components, are manganese phosphate coated for complete protection against exterior corrosion or rust. The latest M16A2 rear sight system is incorporated offering dual flip-up apertures: the short range aperture (0-200 meters) has a larger opening for greater light gathering as well as better moving target visibility; the smaller aperture is designed for maximum accuracy at longer ranges. Knobs adjust the sight for windage and elevation - the elevation knob is graduated from 300 to 800 meters so that range adjustments may be made without the need to compensate for bullet drop. The receivers, of 7075T6 aircraft quality aluminum, are precision machined from forgings for maximum strength. The upper receiver includes an integral cartridge case deflector and a last round bolt hold open feature to alert the shooter of an empty magazine. The ribbed front handguard offers increased control and heat dissipation and is molded of mil. spec. polymer thermoset composite. The XM15 E2S 20" Rifle is shipped in our clamshell style hard case complete with 10 round magazine, operating, safety and instruction manual, and sling.

In addition I added a hogue pistol grip and a hogue free floating hand guard,an extra clip,kept my 3x9 Swift scope and rings from the 45-70 to be added on to the predator rifle.Also added on the Harris 13 and 1/2 to 27" adjuidtable bipods,and a Butler Creek sling.We traded even for all that.

So mate,did I do good,or have I cracked a wobbly
biggrin.gif
?

So much for one shot, one kill...

Now you can dust sight 'em to death, like the rest of the AR boys and girls... no need for scopes or sights just watch where those low recoil bullets hit and adjust accordingly...

LOL I am so jealous!!!
tongue.gif

Jeff
wave1.gif

Still one shot,one kill, they are highly accurate,and so am I
biggrin.gif
...but a lot of fun to plink with,and there is always the extreme danger of another coyote I didn't see actually getting away with the single shot Encore 22-250! I wanted both rifles,because I'll be taking my grandson with me a lot and his 30-30 wouldn't quite cut it!

I'll be standing by here, North of the stateline, just waiting for the rush of coyotes headed out of the mountain state when you open up on them with your new toy.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Doug

about all you'll see passing you by is a lot of hair and the occasional meat chunk if I'm the one doing the shooting
biggrin.gif
!!

We oughta get together for a yote hunt Doug,we're not that far apart.

So do I,I've killed an awful lot of game moving slow and easy

I used an M16 in the service,but as I recall we didn't do any shooting beyong 150-200 yards,don't remember how long the range at Fort Campbell was.

This one is awful heavy,and I added a Harris bipod,but I'm used to toting a BAR during buck season,so it shouldn't be too bad.

Plus,coyote hunting involves a lot of sitting,from what I've read ?

The one thing I hate about owning this gun is that those idiots in Washington used one to kill people. Gives the whole thing a bad name.

Are most of them as heavy as this one [ 8.7 pounds without scope or bipod] ?

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 04-25-2003 03:33: Message edited by: Seldom Ever ]</font>

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back