Somebody sent me a No. 1 **IT'S FINISHED!!**

There's a light at the end boys. Need to dial back the luster a touch and send it off to get checkered.

If you're wondering why it's in an oven, the wind hasn't stopped all year (or the last 10) and it's been rainy so I can't very well set them in the sun. Spending a day at 120 with low humidity helps cure things out.
20230507_172110.jpg

There's a light at the end boys. Need to dial back the luster a touch and send it off to get checkered.

If you're wondering why it's in an oven, the wind hasn't stopped all year (or the last 10) and it's been rainy so I can't very well set them in the sun. Spending a day at 120 with low humidity helps cure things out.
View attachment 275061
a @noharleyyet rifle is never complete without a red rubber pad. This is going to be a beaute.

View attachment 275061
Absolutely gorgeous!

I own that exact same rifle, except mine is in .25-06. I get 3/4" groups out of it. Great deer rifle, although it is on the heavy side. The new stock looks awesome.

Take that ugly red pad off. It contrasts too much. Just put a black pad on it. You've done a super job with the stock. The red doesn't match. Even if you put a brown or tan pad it would look better. Sorry, but just being honest. Keep in mind I love what you did overall.

Take that ugly red pad off. It contrasts too much. Just put a black pad on it. You've done a super job with the stock. The red doesn't match. Even if you put a brown or tan pad it would look better. Sorry, but just being honest. Keep in mind I love what you did overall.
When it's yours you can dictate what happens with it.

Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?

-George Gobel

I didn't get much for photos but I dovetailed the barrel, made the mounting stud, and escutcheon. I had purchased pre-made parts when I picked up the stock but ended up opting for stainless so the machines got to cut some metal.

Got the 1st coat sanded into the forend and the 2nd on the butt. The cool thing about an oil finish is you can see the depth grow with each coat.

View attachment 270309
View attachment 270310
View attachment 270311
View attachment 270312
View attachment 270313
Stunning!!!

Back