Some giant bears killed this year in NC

np307

Coastal NC is known for some huge bears. Several giants have been killed in the last few weeks. For those who want to know, unprocessed food is allowed as bait but a bear cannot be killed while consuming bait. Dogs are also legal in most of bear country. I don't know any of the shooters but just thought these bears were worth sharing. Screenshot_20221211-192017_Facebook.jpgScreenshot_20221211-192054_Facebook.jpg

Coastal NC is known for some huge bears. Several giants have been killed in the last few weeks. For those who want to know, unprocessed food is allowed as bait but a bear cannot be killed while consuming bait. Dogs are also legal in most of bear country. I don't know any of the shooters but just thought these bears were worth sharing. View attachment 254865View attachment 254867
Wow! Those are some monster bear.

They’re raiding the dead bins ( eating dead hogs) and eating waste hog food on hog farms. Im a few hours south, same climate, same ag, but no hog farms. A BIG coastal bear here is 350- 400.

Ag fields, mild winters, and being up and eating instead of sleeping all winter. NC bear is on my list.

They can do that all across the south, but they dont get that big anywhere else. We have the same feed, climate ,and habitat in coastal SC. Those giant bears have found a supplemental food source. Theyre not getting that big on corn and peanuts alone.
Ag fields, mild winters, and being up and eating instead of sleeping all winter. NC bear is on my list.

They can do that all across the south, but they dont get that big anywhere else. We have the same feed, climate ,and habitat in coastal SC. Those giant bears have found a supplemental food source. Theyre not getting that big on corn and peanuts alone.
They go over 600 in georgia. In the blue ridge and in the swamps

As others have said, those grotesquely obese bears are obviously consuming human refuse, whether from farms or elsewhere.

As others have said, those grotesquely obese bears are obviously consuming human refuse, whether from farms or elsewhere.
Some are dumpster fed bears. Many others are eating a combination of corn, berries and fawns. PA Game Commission stated bears were the #1 predator of fawns, then coyotes and then humans. Hell one year a Bison on a farm here in PA fell victim to a 500# black bear.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back