SOLD

VikingsGuy

A nearly new Savage 116 FCSS All Weather Stainless. Never in the field, fired less than 50 rounds at range. Added outerimpact 0 MOA rail. Added a Matthew's Fabrication Adjustable Kydex Cheek Rest. Did a camo paint job on the factory stock that turned out great. Online new these are going for about $550 (without the upgrades). I will ship to your FFL in the lower 48 for $450 $425.

SS - 1.jpg

Attachments

• SS - 2.jpg
    SS - 2.jpg
    502.5 KB · Views: 38
  • SS - 3.jpg
    SS - 3.jpg
    569.3 KB · Views: 43
  • SS - 4.jpg
    SS - 4.jpg
    501.1 KB · Views: 40
  • SS - 5.jpg
    SS - 5.jpg
    457.6 KB · Views: 40
  • SS - 6.jpg
    SS - 6.jpg
    436.8 KB · Views: 36
  • SS - 7.jpg
    SS - 7.jpg
    285.3 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
You're making me concerned with the selling of these fine weapons! Vikings season tickets can't be that much!

I go through safe clean outs from time to time (and magically it refills itself). Usually sell at local gun show, but figured I would try HT this time. It's a closed loop, gun money in, gun money out. Next "out" will be a 280AI custom build I am starting. The bigger sale will be later this week, I have approx. 8 nice Nikon scopes that are going to find a new home.

Definitely a sweet looking and I am sure shooting rifle. Not a fan at least looks wise of the of the kydex cheek risers, I am glad my .300 WSM in the Long Range Hunter is the new one with the Accufit stock. But other than that what a gorgeous weapon that would make anyone one great hunting rifle, whether it be for them, their spouse or kids. Digging the brown camo and stainless match, when I get mine I eventually would like to do something like that to it and cerakote the barrel a light matte grey since it is a blued barrel with a medium grey stock. The art student in me likes to create something of my own instead of just a factory look, even though my .300 WSM is the first synthetic stock rifle that I have owned. I am sure there are plenty of videos on YouTube on how to paint a stock and cerakote a barreled action (would have to borrow or use someone's sand/bead blaster). Also thinking of putting a MOA rail on her like yours since I plan on getting a 50mm objective scope with a 30mm tube.
Good luck with your .280AI project and I hope this beautiful .7mm-08 finds a happy new home soon.

Definitely a sweet looking and I am sure shooting rifle. Not a fan at least looks wise of the of the kydex cheek risers, I am glad my .300 WSM in the Long Range Hunter is the new one with the Accufit stock. But other than that what a gorgeous weapon that would make anyone one great hunting rifle, whether it be for them, their spouse or kids. Digging the brown camo and stainless match, when I get mine I eventually would like to do something like that to it and cerakote the barrel a light matte grey since it is a blued barrel with a medium grey stock. The art student in me likes to create something of my own instead of just a factory look, even though my .300 WSM is the first synthetic stock rifle that I have owned. I am sure there are plenty of videos on YouTube on how to paint a stock and cerakote a barreled action (would have to borrow or use someone's sand/bead blaster). Also thinking of putting a MOA rail on her like yours since I plan on getting a 50mm objective scope with a 30mm tube.
Good luck with your .280AI project and I hope this beautiful .7mm-08 finds a happy new home soon.

Here is how I did it:

"First I degreased/de-oiled the stock with acetone. Then I lightly sanded with 1500 emory paper, followed by a wipe down with acetone & taping up areas that I didn't want painted. When fully dry I applied 3 light coats of Dupli-Color CP199 Clear Adhesion Promoter Primer spray according to instructions; and then applied 3 even coats of Rust-Oleum Dark Brown Textured Spray (30 min between each coat). After 30 min I applied Krylon Black Lava Marbelizing Spray to taste. After 48 hours dry time I lightly rubbed with 0000 steel wool. Gave it 2 weeks to fully cure, and then applied 2 coats of Brownell AlumaHyde II epoxy-based clear matte sealing coat and finish with light brushing with 0000 steel wool."

Here is how I did it:

"First I degreased/de-oiled the stock with acetone. Then I lightly sanded with 1500 emory paper, followed by a wipe down with acetone & taping up areas that I didn't want painted. When fully dry I applied 3 light coats of Dupli-Color CP199 Clear Adhesion Promoter Primer spray according to instructions; and then applied 3 even coats of Rust-Oleum Dark Brown Textured Spray (30 min between each coat). After 30 min I applied Krylon Black Lava Marbelizing Spray to taste. After 48 hours dry time I lightly rubbed with 0000 steel wool. Gave it 2 weeks to fully cure, and then applied 2 coats of Brownell AlumaHyde II epoxy-based clear matte sealing coat and finish with light brushing with 0000 steel wool."
That is what my rifle will look like stock, I will just take the butt pad and cheek riser off since it is a modular system. Think I want to tape off the textured grip parts and even the little stripes, then do what you just instructed me with on the techniques and processes. Not sure if I want to go brown like yours, olive green, or camo mix or colors then use that marbelizing spray, but I will figure it out when it gets here. I know they sell the Rust-Oleum at the store I work at, will have to check and order the rest. Thanks again for the advice and help. I look forward to making her semi custom to my taste.

I'm finding myself a little surprised there isn't more interest in this rifle.
Yes I am quite surprised myself it is a beautiful rifle and knowing VG a sweet shooter or it wouldn't have stayed in his safe that long. There has to be someone out there who would love a nice rifle for either themselves, their spouse or kids. The 7mm-08 is an underrated cartridge, that is an absolute laser beam and perfect for deer, pronghorn, black bear, heck even elk within in a reasonable distance with the right load like those TTSX's.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back