So I drew Turkey on the infamous Kaibab Plateau(AZ)

I have killed a turkey on the Kaibab. Not sure, but I believe that that pretty much makes me an expert! It was a spring hunt just a few years ago. Let's see, I was in college so maybe 1971 or 72. Just south of Jacob Lake, there were lots of gobblers. My dad and I each got one that morning.....it was great!

I have never hunt the fall turkey hunt on the Kaibab, but I have encountered turkeys while archery deer hunting in August and September just north of the park boundary, in the spruce/fir habitat. I believe I would check that area first. If there was no sign, I would drop down to the ponderosa/gambles oak habitat. If the oaks have a crop of acorns, it could be good. No matter how the turkey hunting goes, you will have a great time on the Kaibab. It's one of the best places in the state!

I have killed a turkey on the Kaibab. Not sure, but I believe that that pretty much makes me an expert! It was a spring hunt just a few years ago. Let's see, I was in college so maybe 1971 or 72. Just south of Jacob Lake, there were lots of gobblers. My dad and I each got one that morning.....it was great!

I have never hunt the fall turkey hunt on the Kaibab, but I have encountered turkeys while archery deer hunting in August and September just north of the park boundary, in the spruce/fir habitat. I believe I would check that area first. If there was no sign, I would drop down to the ponderosa/gambles oak habitat. If the oaks have a crop of acorns, it could be good. No matter how the turkey hunting goes, you will have a great time on the Kaibab. It's one of the best places in the state!
Really recently then! :LOL:
That's awesome advice, follow the food makes sense. I've heard awesome stuff about it and despite living here for 5 years I haven't been north of the grand canyon yet so I'm looking forward to it!

Back