Sleeping Bag Suggestions

I also have a big agnes lost ranger and really like it. Remember though that their is no insulation on the bottom of the bag. It has a pouch for an inflatable sleeping pad, that provides the insulation. I would make sure to buy the insulated inflatable pad if I were to use it in really cold weather. It also packs down pretty well since the pad is inflatable.

You can't beat that for best bag for the $. Down with a membrane shell is hard to beat. I'm a bargain hunter when it comes to gear but never scrimp in a sleeping bag. I'm sure far more hunting hours are lost to poor bags than to just about any other piece of gear except boots. If you don't sleep well, nothing else goes well.

WORD!
If I didn't have 5 bags already and little extra cash this year,I'd be all over that bag offer in a nice warm heartbeat....
Marmot Never Summer -0(been to -20),Kelty Tundra 15(to 0),Slumberjack 20,homemade expedition down kit from 45 yrs ago -40(-50 in one storm and still works) and the old canvas/cotton BS bag that covers the chests and is padding....I sold the Sierra Designs and North face bags I did have 2 yrs ago too.

Last edited:
My wife got me the Kuiu 15* bag last year, it is excellent, very light and very warm. I wish I'd had the 0* bag for 4th rifle season though...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Killcarp2
Back