Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Skinner sights?

S

sharpshooter97

Is anyone here running Skinner peep sights on their lever guns? I'm wanting to order one for my Marlin 1895 as I've seen good reviews on YouTube, just wondering if anyone of you have a set and how you like them compared to the stock buckhorn style sights.

Is anyone here running Skinner peep sights on their lever guns? I'm wanting to order one for my Marlin 1895 as I've seen good reviews on YouTube, just wondering if anyone of you have a set and how you like them compared to the stock buckhorn style sights.
I had one on my 444 and it worked like a champ up until I changed it for the Ranger Point Precision cloverleaf peep that I currently use. Skinner’s great though!

I had them on my 1895 45-70, for me it was a huge improvement over the factory sights. I ended up putting a 1-6 scope on it. As far as open/peep sights go, skinners get an A+ from me.

I had them on my 1895 45-70, for me it was a huge improvement over the factory sights. I ended up putting a 1-6 scope on it. As far as open/peep sights go, skinners get an A+ from me.
That's what I was hoping to hear, I had thought about a scope at one point but I'd prefer iron sights on this rifle. Thanks

Thanks folks that's what I was hoping to hear, I'm gonna order them.

Why a skinner sight and not a tang sight or receiver aperture sight? All of my levers use a tang sight. Every one of them.

I had one on a Henry 45-70 and 22 mag. I loved them. They’re extremely durable and you can change apertures as needed. My eyes just got too bad and had to scope both rifles.

I run them on a few different rifles. My main Iowa straight wall deer rifle is a Marlin in 375 Winchester. Changed the front sight out to one of the skinner Patrick’s blades. Hard to beat for a fast handling rifle.

I Just mounted one on my Henry 357. Replaced the front sight with a fiber optic as well. I ordered the brass punch and the file from Skinner to do it right. It worked, even though it was a bit weird beating the crap out of my barrel :)

skinner.jpgsight.jpg

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back