Sitka waterfowl for big game?

WyOpitz

I'm looking at upgrading my gear since I ripped up my Core4's. I'm not set on any brand yet, mainly considering first lite, Sitka or kuiu. I like the Sitka gear, it is good quality. I just hate the limited camo options and other hunting buddies have it. I mainly hunt in Wyoming so I get a mix of prairie and mountains.

Does anyone rock the waterfowl camo for big game rather than the big game camo? It looks pretty sweet and looks like the Browns would blend well in these environments. Does the waterfowl gear lack any functionality that the big game gear has?

Thanks in advance.

productImage5429w592MAR.jpg

I'm looking at upgrading my gear since I ripped up my Core4's. I'm not set on any brand yet, mainly considering first lite, Sitka or kuiu. I like the Sitka gear, it is good quality. I just hate the limited camo options and other hunting buddies have it. I mainly hunt in Wyoming so I get a mix of prairie and mountains.

Does anyone rock the waterfowl camo for big game rather than the big game camo? It looks pretty sweet and looks like the Browns would blend well in these environments. Does the waterfowl gear lack any functionality that the big game gear has?

Thanks in advance.

I imagine it would work. If you are rifle hunting where camo isn't extremely important, then I would get it for a dual purpose. It might work bow hunting too, but I imagine it may leave you a little toasty in September.

I am not sure about the breathability of waterfowl clothing. It is a different ball game than spot and stalk hunting. If you are hunting in a tree stand or ground blind it may be better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back