Sitka Timberline Pants

npaden

Okay, I won an $80 gift certificate to Santana Outdoors on Monster Muleys and am trying to decide what to spend it on.

Some of the Sitka gear is going on sale a bit and I'm trying to decide between picking up a Traverse zip T ($79.20 on sale) or a pair of the Timberline Pants ($183.20 on sale).

Right now my sitka gear is comprised of the ascent pants, core zip t, jetstream vest and 90% jacket.

I do have a complete set of Core4 and Russell APXg2 gear and I already have several traverse type shirts in different camo patterns and generally they are going to be underneath something anyway. The only reason to buy the Traverse would be that it wouldn't cost me a dime out of my pocket.

If I bought the Timberline pants I would probably sell my Ascent pants because I'm not entirely thrilled with them because they are too lightweight for the brushy areas that I tend to hunt in. The bear grass and thorny brush goes right through them.

Would the timberline pants be the right call for the thick brush like that? It says it is a thicker material and sounds like it would be what I'm looking for. Is it too thick so I'll be burning up wearing them? I'm thinking they may be the missing piece of gear for me for warm weather hunts in thick brush.

Thanks, Nathan

Last edited:
I just had a similar debate myself. I went with the Mountain pants instead of Timberline. If I had it my way I would have gotten both. I went with the Mountain pants, just for the simple fact that I don't know how much I would use the waterproofing knees and seat. They appear to be both very durable pants, and I think you would be very happy with either. But smoking deal on the Timberline for sure.

Okay, I'm going to pull the trigger pretty soon on my gift certificate.

Santana Outdoors just put their havalon knifes on sale so I'm thinking I may use my gift certificate on some of those instead of the timberline pants. I just can't wrap my mind around paying $183 for a pair of pants even if I have an $80 gift certificate.

Any other input?

Thanks, Nathan

Back