Caribou Gear

Sitka subalpine

I’ve slowly built up my hunting gear by shopping sales and clearance events. I seem to have a lot of green now along with some Sitka and FirstLite camo.

I’ve done a lot of killing wearing multicam and still swear by the pattern.

I am thinking of Subalpine because I can hunt spring turkeys with the same camo.
Be careful if you are hunting early spring Subalpine is pretty green. If there isn't much green up yet you will stick out. Got busted by 2 Tom's this spring early season. No we weren't moving and no the birds didn't just hold up. We were in the WI hills in the woods and once they hit 25yds they stopped and both left on a dead run the opposite direction.

I need to look for pictures of me in a hunter orange zip up sweatshirt from Sportsman's Surplus in Missoula and Levi 501's. Packing Core Lokts and a Remington 721 chambered in .30-06. mtmuley
My dad hunted w a 721/30.06 for years, handing it down to me, and I have passed it to his grandson, my nephew. Thanks for the reminder.

My dad hunted w a 721/30.06 for years, handing it down to me, and I have passed it to his grandson, my nephew. Thanks for the reminder.
Great rifles. Not flashy like the new stuff, but I still hunt mine some. mtmuley

Be careful if you are hunting early spring Subalpine is pretty green. If there isn't much green up yet you will stick out. Got busted by 2 Tom's this spring early season. No we weren't moving and no the birds didn't just hold up. We were in the WI hills in the woods and once they hit 25yds they stopped and both left on a dead run the opposite direction.

Did they wind you? Nonetheless, at least you were in position to get busted. 25 yards is pretty good.

I have the same concerns. I am thinking of Subalpine because I can hunt spring turkeys with the same camo. I don't think elk/deer have a preference for what camo you are wearing, so long as it breaks the outline.
Has anyone purchased the dew point subalpine? And if so, is it worth the cost?

Did you get your turkey?
Hey this spring has been a tough one for me. Limited time with injuries at work having to pick up a lot of shifts. Still have 2 weeks to maybe buy a tag. Might just tip my hat to the birds and let them enjoy the last couple weeks without me hassling them. How about you?

Hey this spring has been a tough one for me. Limited time with injuries at work having to pick up a lot of shifts. Still have 2 weeks to maybe buy a tag. Might just tip my hat to the birds and let them enjoy the last couple weeks without me hassling them. How about you?
I was able to call one in! First time ever. Not the usual spot and stalk.

Attachments

• IMG_5030.jpeg
    IMG_5030.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
Back