Sitka pants question

rmyoung1

For those of you who wear Sitka... Which pants would you recommend? I've never owned a pair before, but I have some Cabela's gift cards burning a hole in my pocket. I'll be hunting in MT in November this year so I think I want something heavier than the Ascent pants. Which ones would you guys recommend? Mountain pants? 90% pants? Timberline pants?

Help! Too many options....

I use the Timberline Pants, almost exclusively, once the temps drop too low for the Ascent pants. They have built in knee pads (that you can remove if you want), an a waterproof butt for glassing in wet damp conditions. They are a soft fabric, so they do not make much noise.

Another option is the Mountain Pant, which is a little lighter and can be made plenty warm by just adding a pair of base layer. If you are in MT in November, the 90% pant will be comfortable most days, but not all days. It is made for mostly mid-temps and not as water/wind resistant as the Mountain or Timberline.

I have them all and the Timberline is my personal choice. But, I have a lot of personal choices many would probably laugh at, so take my comments for what you paid for them. :D

I have had a pair of ascent pants and currently have a pair of the mountain pants. There is a huge difference between the ascent pants and the mountain pants. WAY better. More durable fabric, thicker, but not so much so that you get hot. I wasn't a fan of the ascent pants.

Never tried the Timberline pants, but I know that's what Randy wears most of the time. I got my mountain pants on camofire at a deep discount, if I was paying retail price I probably would have just bought the timberline pants.

I would say the mountain pants. I can wear them all year round and if it's cold simply throw on a thermal below. The only negative I have found is that they can be a bit warm in hot weather.

If you are in MT in November, the 90% pant will be comfortable most days, but not all days. It is made for mostly mid-temps and not as water/wind resistant as the Mountain or Timberline.

Thanks. So you feel like the Timberline is warmer than the 90% pants?

Last edited:
With pretty much all of the above...I wear my Ascents, 90% of the time and Mountains after that...I did get some Timberline's to go with me to POW this year...

I've got the mountain pants, they're awesome like everyone said, but the timberlines would be better later on in the year, especially if you sit and glass.

I have a couple pairs of ascent pant and a pair of 90%. I like the latter much better. I agree with npaden, i am not a big fan of the ascents. They don't seem to hold up real well

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dotun77
Back