Yeti GOBOX Collection

Sig Zulu 6 HDX

Yooper906

Has anyone used the new Zulu 6 HDX binos yet? Really curious to hear how they perform. GoHUNT podcast raves about them.

I ordered a pair this evening and will see how they stack up to my ELs

I’m interested to see pictures through the lenses compared to your Swaros before you sell them. Interesting piece of glass for sure.

I have a pair on order through a Sig discount code I had. Should be here soon. I normally rotate between 8x and 12x NL's (both with tripod) based on the hunt. I played with the first gen Zulu6 and the stabilization tech was incredible. The glass needed to be improved. I played with the updated HDX at a show and the glass has been improved a lot and so has the stabilization.

They will not stack up to EL/NL glass. But on hunts where I don't need a spotter and can save tripod weight, these will come with me and allow me to shed pretty decent weight. Even with lesser glass, you would find more animals with the Zulu6 vs the best glass in the world and no tripod because of the stability. For those that glass from a truck, they will be amazing. For those that have lots of smaller glassable country between major glassing points and don't stop to use a tripod every time they glass they will be amazing. I'm already planning ridges to work down where I can glass the other side every 50 yards all the way down without having to stop and setup a tripod each time.

Still a niche item I think at this point, but if you already have good bino's and spotter I think they are a cool add to the quiver.

I'll be using them for my LE bull tag this year when I'll be shaking to much for my NL's to work!

I have a pair on order through a Sig discount code I had. Should be here soon. I normally rotate between 8x and 12x NL's (both with tripod) based on the hunt. I played with the first gen Zulu6 and the stabilization tech was incredible. The glass needed to be improved. I played with the updated HDX at a show and the glass has been improved a lot and so has the stabilization.

They will not stack up to EL/NL glass. But on hunts where I don't need a spotter and can save tripod weight, these will come with me and allow me to shed pretty decent weight. Even with lesser glass, you would find more animals with the Zulu6 vs the best glass in the world and no tripod because of the stability. For those that glass from a truck, they will be amazing. For those that have lots of smaller glassable country between major glassing points and don't stop to use a tripod every time they glass they will be amazing. I'm already planning ridges to work down where I can glass the other side every 50 yards all the way down without having to stop and setup a tripod each time.

Still a niche item I think at this point, but if you already have good bino's and spotter I think they are a cool add to the quiver.

I'll be using them for my LE bull tag this year when I'll be shaking to much for my NL's to work!
I agree, that the glass isn’t quite there compared to my EL (can’t speak for NL, but I know NL is top shelf). But for me, the sig glass is more than adequate. I really like the technology behind the IS (image stabilizing).

I was at the range today with my dad, zeroing in a rifle. At 100 yds, we were able to count the inch squares for adjustments with the IS. I don’t think with my EL I could do that, unless I had them secure to a tripod.

I will have a better understanding of the Sig after hunting season. Should be noted, that it doesn’t take much for me to be impressed with glass 😂

I was thinking about these binos this weekend elk hunting. I saw a smaller bull at about 300 yards away. I have Leupold BX-5 10x42s and was struggling to count points to see if a bull was legal off hand because I wasn't steady enough. It sounds like these would have been perfect for that.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idelkhntr13
Back