Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Sig Kilo 2000

sbhooper

If anyone is interested, SWFA has the Sig Kilo rangefinders on closeout for $349. I got mine a long time ago and paid $450 for it and thought that was a good deal.

I really like mine.

I wonder why they are discontinuing that model already. Makes it pretty tempting to upgrade at that price!

Anyone got coupon code for SWFA? Gonna order one tomorrow probably. Thought I may as well check to see if i can see even more ha!

My buddy was out here shooting a couple days ago and we compared the Sig to his Leica. The Sig blew it away. You may get a backorder on the Sig at SWFA. I think they have sold a bunch. I saw a post on another site that said that they were coming out with a 2400, so maybe it is an upgrade in process. I could not find any other info on the 2400.

Question.... hopefully not too dumb of a question. I'm looking into a new rangefinder, I've only used one on the eastern US so I never really needed something fancy. I have 2 hunts out west this year and plan on moving out west next year so I'll be in need of a nice range finder.

Now to my question... why spend $200 more for a rangefinder that can sight deer at 1200yds when I won't be taking shots over 400 at a deer. Wouldn't the 850 do just fine for deer and elk and whatever else I choose to chase?

I feel if I go with the 2000 it's like buying a drag race car for commuting to work in DC.

Question.... hopefully not too dumb of a question. I'm looking into a new rangefinder, I've only used one on the eastern US so I never really needed something fancy. I have 2 hunts out west this year and plan on moving out west next year so I'll be in need of a nice range finder.

Now to my question... why spend $200 more for a rangefinder that can sight deer at 1200yds when I won't be taking shots over 400 at a deer. Wouldn't the 850 do just fine for deer and elk and whatever else I choose to chase?

I feel if I go with the 2000 it's like buying a drag race car for commuting to work in DC.

Picture this- you're 1500 yards from a bedded buck, and there's a rock outcropping between you and the buck. Wouldn't it be nice to know if that rock outcropping is within range of the deer?

Another reason to piggy back on Randy11 is if that bedded buck is on private ground. You range him at 1500 yards, look at GPS and the private boundary is 1200...

They are backordered at many stores with an unknown date of coming back in stock, although they are being told that they will be shipping more. I went ahead and bought one from cabelas, they are on sale for 419 plus get an additional 10% in points. So end up getting fairly close with cheaper shipping and such. Just fyi if anyone is wanting some right away.

I am starting to think that Sig is closing them out before coming out with the "new and improved" 2400. Interesting. I may consider upgrading if it comes out, as I sure as hell like mine. Some have had some problems with them, but that can happen with any optics. Mine has been spot on. $419 is a great price. I bought mine for $450 and thought that I was getting a good deal at the time.

I think I'll wait to see if they trickle ergonomics down into the smaller/cheaper units. I like the twist-out eyecups on the 2000 but would prefer to pay $250 for less distance.

I am starting to think that Sig is closing them out before coming out with the "new and improved" 2400. Interesting. I may consider upgrading if it comes out, as I sure as hell like mine. Some have had some problems with them, but that can happen with any optics. Mine has been spot on. $419 is a great price. I bought mine for $450 and thought that I was getting a good deal at the time.

The 2400 is worth waiting for. It will give the (much more expensive) G7 BR2 some competition for the best all around hunting range finder.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back