Shot a few

TBinKodiak

Well they aren't the action shots that MtMiller gets but I killed some ducks anyway. There aren't any drake/hen restrictions in Alaska so I don't have to descriminate, just shoot 'em as they come... :cool:

Oct1306Ducks.jpg

Nice work on the birds and best of luck with the AK elk.

TBinKodiak said:
There aren't any drake/hen restrictions in Alaska so I don't have to descriminate, just shoot 'em as they come... :cool:
Self imposed hen restrictions.:D

I used to do the self impossed hen restrictions when I lived in WI. Even gave $5 for ever hen I shot as a donation to Delta. Most of these ducks are locals and winter here and there isn't a lot of hunting pressure so I doubt the few I take has any bering on the population. Of course like any "gentleman" I shoot the drakes first, but if its just some tramp flying around by herself she's fair game. :)

Nice job. Your pooch looks very disinterested in your photography effort.

I'm usually good at identifying ducks but I'm having trouble with yours.To bad we all can't shoot the pretty ones like MM.

Cornfed, L to R 2 mallard hens, a widgeon, a ringbill hen, and a GW teal. I'll go seaduck hunting in a couple weeks and really test your duck ID skills. :)

TB, I'm in Kodiak Late Afternoon on the 10th. How about an Evening hunt then :D :D

Cool pictures. Are you using decoys ? Floating in a boat ? What your setup ? Take some pictures if you can, I'm jsut curious. Congrats !!

I can do an evening hunt on the 10th. What time does your flight come in, because shooting light is at 5:02pm. Depending on what time you get in we could head to a couple spots and jump shoot some Harlequin.
My set up for puddle ducks is pretty simple. 5 mallard decoys, 6 teal decoys and a line of 5 bluebill decoys. If I'm hunting the salt for seaducks and divers I'll run a couple long lines with about 15 bluebills.

I was out quessing myself.I had them all but the hen ringneck.I thought it was a hen diver of some kind but didn't know for sure.Can't wait for the sea duck pictures.Good luck.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back