MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Shortening MZ barrel?

Thanks for the link. I may dig out my POS Chrony & check my current load - 100 volume equivalent of BH 209 (74 grains weighed) and see what velocity I’m getting with the Federal Bor Lock bullets.
What weight Bor-locks? I actually have some and some 209, I could put it over my Magnetospeed if it helps you.

Can you shoot blackpowder/blackpowder substitute over a Magnetospeed? I would be afraid all the particulates and nastiness would ruin the sensor.

What weight Bor-locks? I actually have some and some 209, I could put it over my Magnetospeed if it helps you.
They’re 50 cal, I think 275 or 295. They only make the 1. BH209, 74 grains weighed = 100 grains by volume.

I still have no reply from Western Powders.

Thank you!
Ok, finally got out there today, sorry for the delay. I had two different Bor-Locks on hand. The 270gr all copper and the 350 lead. Since you said 270ish I just went with those. I scaled out the 209 at 74 grains and shot three over the Magnetospeed. Ended up with a 1715fps average here at 5000 feet at around 42 degrees. Hopefully this helps, let me know if you need any other info.

I forgot to mention that the T/C will take a lot more 209, I think it will still pick up a bunch of velocity closer to magnum loads.

Last edited:
Thank you for your work Turbo!! I appreciate it. Thats good velocity from a 20" barrel considering too that its only a 100 grain equivalent load.

Yes, I know that I could go to 120 grains volumetric (not sure the weighed amount for that - by a formula about 88.8 grains weighed if my math is correct!) but I haven't been interested in chasing that as it shoots good at 100 and I haven't ever shot targets or animals farther.

Many thanks again.

Thank you for your work Turbo!! I appreciate it. Thats good velocity from a 20" barrel considering too that its only a 100 grain equivalent load.

Yes, I know that I could go to 120 grains volumetric (not sure the weighed amount for that - by a formula about 88.8 grains weighed if my math is correct!) but I haven't been interested in chasing that as it shoots good at 100 and I haven't ever shot targets or animals farther.

Many thanks again.
I finally got my sights all set up, and got back on the trail to getting this TC all dialed in. I weighed out 75 grains with the same Bor-Locks, got a 1778 average, 32.5sd, the 80 grain loads averaged 1874, 8.7sd. So, I think that will work. Time will tell. I hope everyone's preps are going well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back