Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Shooting and Eating......

Moosie

Grand poopa
Who eats varmints ?!?!!? I remember in Louisiana when I lived there years ago, we went out, wacked rabbits and Squirrels and ate them......

Here in Idaho now no-body eats them....

Just wondering what state ya live in and what ya EAT ?!?!?!

PS, anything besides Beaver for an answer ;)

When I was in NY I hunted rabbits and squirrels all the time and always ate them. I thought squirrel was simply great. Since my move out west, I have not hunted either of them.

Here in Oklahoma we hunt and eat rabbit, squirrel, quail, dove, deer, turkey, duck and goose. Oh yeah, use to eat raccoon but not anymore.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 12-30-2001 21:20: Message edited by: countrygal ]</font>

Koala balls dipped in egg and breadcrumbs and fried real slow in real butter are something to hurry home for guys along with the backstraps out of a nice young swamp wallaby roasted over hardwood coals and then some jellied echidna(like a porcupine) feet to finish off with.....hell who wants to eat rabbit and stuff like that when you can have some real critter meat.Oh yeah for a good Sunday roast we might have a bull camel tongue done in a black pan with `roo kidney fat to baste it with and served up with a sauce made out of cockatoo blood.YUM

Well, I usually don't consider them varmints if I'm going to eat them. For example, I consider jackrabbits varmints, but I don't consider cottontails varmints. I eat cottontails whne I shoot them, but not jacks.

I dont eat varmits... I usually give all my coyotes to the vietnamies place down the street...
I know that the indians eat praire dogs... I did have jack rabbit one time, about killed the guy when he told me what it was.. The bad part about it was it was pretty good...
I use varmits for ballistic Jelly, so theres not much to eat after the shot

Delw

I second that, Del! :D I like the TNT hollowpoints in my .223, simply because they don't leave much. I haven't tried some of the others like the Blitzking or Ballistic Tips or the "Super Explosive" from Hornady.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back