Yeti GOBOX Collection

SHOOT or NOT to shoot???

Greenhorn, I'm thinking about having WW's quote engraved on the side of my favorite rifle. Heck, make that on the side of all my rifles. I can't tell you how many times that quote has run through my mind half way back to the truck with a pack full of deer that is trying it's best to pull me over backwards.

Never even think about it - just do it! That's what makes the hunt worth it! I look forward to the challenge of a tough hunt like that. There is no better feeling than knowing your never gonna make it----but you just keep going. The next thing you know, you are crawling up the hill on your hands and knees! You finally reach the top! You are absolutely played out like a winter run steelhead on the Solduck River. Now you are almost 1/6th of the way out running out of daylight! For those of us that have been there "this Bud's for you". There is no better feeling in the world knowing it woulda killed a normal man! Is that close to Stevens Pass toward the Pacific Crest Trail?

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 11-22-2002 00:07: Message edited by: raybow 1 ]</font>

I started bear hunting when we were still using hounds in Oregon. I passed up alot of bears between shots. I passed up a good bear a couple weeks ago right next to a road. I guess it depends on how long my deer/elk tags were good for. I tag a decent bear about every other year, and I'm never looking for them, and they are almost always a pain in the arss to get out. When bulls and bucks our on the menu thats what I want.

where i hunt ill shoot anything that is in season, however its public land cut up into blocks and you cant find a single inch of land that doesnt have a dirt road within a half mile of it.im not really an expert on mountain hunting but i can tell you some of the places in these blocks it is easier to get an animal out quartered than whole because its so thick with briars,pine trees and palmettos.whatever it takes i wil do, so yeah i would shoot.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back