Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Shell Shortages?

WyoDoug

I am a bad procrastinator sometimes. I went to Sportsman Warehouse who USED to carry a very good stock of bullets and shotgun shells. Not no more. I ended up buying two "half" boxes for my turkey hunt tomorrow. I used up the old stuff I had shooting at turkey targets. Shortage on ammo and shotgun shells is unreal and I think a huge cause of it is the antigunners filing lawsuits against manufacturers making it so expensive that some have already gone out of the business and others can't keep up.

that's patently false...it is purely demand and I'd wager a good chunk is hoarding and those who are flipping on the gunbroker
This is what I believe too, BUT it does seem odd to me that there are somewhat limited auctions for a given type of ammo on there. I would think there would be way more listings if so many people were reselling is all I’m trying to say.

I am a bad procrastinator sometimes. I went to Sportsman Warehouse who USED to carry a very good stock of bullets and shotgun shells. Not no more. I ended up buying two "half" boxes for my turkey hunt tomorrow. I used up the old stuff I had shooting at turkey targets. Shortage on ammo and shotgun shells is unreal and I think a huge cause of it is the antigunners filing lawsuits against manufacturers making it so expensive that some have already gone out of the business and others can't keep up.
No. The big cause is COVID lockdowns have slowed or stalled production. The factories can't produce ammo if the workplace is not safe. Meat packing plants and auto makers have been hit hard with virus up here. We've been talking with our shotgun shell manufacturer in Manitoba and they have struggled with provincial lockdowns and shortage of components, particularly the hulls they get from Europe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back