Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Shelf life

Ozarkshunter95

What if any is the shelf life on first aid kitsch or supply's with in and any recommendations on pre maid kits or should I put my own kit together

What if any is the shelf life on first aid kitsch or supply's with in and any recommendations on pre maid kits or should I put my own kit together
If you want to save/customize, doing your own isn't a bad idea. If generally store your kit in a cool dry place it won't need replaced for a very long time. The military has done longevity studies on most medications (for stockpiling reasons), and most medications especially in pill form will last a very long time. I buy kits and customize them to my own needs for convenience.

Edit: I tend to defer to Skurka for most non-hunting specific backcountry type things: https://andrewskurka.com/backpacking-first-aid-kit-gear-list-downloadable-checklist/

I start with a kit and maintain it with fresh bandages and that as I use them. Key is standard kits are meant for finger cuts. You will want to keep a compression bandage and an ace bandage (sprains) on hand just in case along with calamine lotion for poison ivy. I never found a kit I like so I bought one big one and after I used up the bandages, I restocked the kit with what I wanted. Shelf life is fairly long as long as the packet is sealed and sterilized to begin with. Way I go through finger cuts I never had to worry about shelf life. Find a container and build your own is my recommendation but make sure it's marked and readily accessible by anyone who needs to use it.

Back