Sheep boots...

No doubt about it, the Middle Fork country is tough stuff! Hard on any boots. I haven't been there for years - spent some time around the Big Horn Crags in 1980-82 (wearing stiff ol' White's)I do some work in the Andes and parts are very similar...but no wild sheep. Good luck on the hunt.

I've seen your Feet Pedro :

hobbit.jpg

Wasn't there another thread about boot that has alot of info in it ?

MOOSIE -

Ya havn't seen good sheep hunting boots until you've worn a pair of Hanwag Alaska Top GTX or even the Hanwag Hunter Top.

All I've worn on all my sheep hunts the last 10 years or so have been Hanwag boots. Prior to Hanwags, I wore Meindles........

Hanwag is in fact an extended family member of Meindle in Germany.

After using Meindles and switching to Hanwags about 10 years ago, I havn't gone back. Hanwag quality is that much better than Meindles.

Unfortunatly they are a difficult boot to obtain in North America.

Ordering the boots over a year in advanced seems to work best and ordering another pair while the current pair has another year of hard use to them is smart too.

They should bring in those Alaska Top GTX ........ better bottom soles (fuora I believe) than the Alaska GTX.........

Then they will have a new customer from myself and friends up here.

Just as an FYI, I wore my Boots up Deer hunting this year still and they are still in great shape......

I didn't regret buying them.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1st BDX Scope
Back