Sheep and Skis

I've been casually following this story. Glad the expansion has been pared back some.

So our local ski hill was also looking to expand (still is) and our local sportsman's assoc was looking at pressing the county to either deny or really tighten an approval to minimize impacts to wildlife. So last year, I get a call from a gal in Driggs, a Texan, who bought a home in Driggs and when the ski area proposed their expansion was looking at all the different ways to stop it. She wanted to know what our group was doing to stop our ski area expansion. She had all kinds of crazy (or maybe not) theories about who was funding the expansion and all different money implications. I had to tell her were we simply putting pressure on the County to follow the County and State codes, that's it, and calling out errors (or lies) in the developer's permitting materials.

I tried really hard not to call her a hypocrite as she bought land in Driggs, built a "nice" winter home, and now doesn't want anymore development.

you mean nobody here would find it funny if a skier was taken out by a ram?

I always found it kind of crappy that Lone Mountain in Big sky is full of ski runs But the goats and sheep don't seem to give a flying crap. Idk what the ecological damage is, maybe habituation? If I was a mountain goat id probably perch my happy ass along the side of the big couloir and watch inexperienced skiers launch themselves. Be pretty entertaining if you ask me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
believeinyourself
Back