Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Shed Weekend

That is cool. I would really like to train a lab for this type of work. What is the key to getting them to find sheds?

That is cool. I would really like to train a lab for this type of work. What is the key to getting them to find sheds?
I first used a shed instead of a ball for retrieving to get mine used to grabbing a shed. Then I turned it into a game and would throw it and I would tell her to “find it” as she already knew what she was going after. After awhile I would place a shed in the yard and walk around with her saying find it. Then she would stumble upon it so I would get excited and praise her. I did this for awhile. Dogs always want to please you. After all of this i would walk outside with her still inside and hide a shed then let her out and keep telling her to find it. She would run around with her nose to the ground, find it and bring it to me. I praise her a bunch and continue to do this for awhile. Then move on to numerous sheds in the yard and make her find all of them. Now she loves to shed hunt. This is what I did and it worked for me, but I’m no professional dog trainer and there might be a better way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back