Shed displays

ccc23454

So i really enjoy shed hunting but am not very good at it and never sell any horns. I truley enjoy the early season hikes before the grizzlies taint the timber. With my Lab always tagging along we cover LOTS of miles and get some great exercise. We use horns allover house for display pieces and cabinet knobs etc. So the wife for years has been bugging me to make her a deer shed wreath, not sure where she got idea but that means i have to do it. With recent weather keeping me indoors i set out to finally build it, only i used elk sheds. Made a little sign out of some small deer pieces and chunk of pallet just to help how it displays on wall. The 8 elk horns make it average about 42"s in diameter i am really happy with how it turned out and luckily enough so was the wife. Anyone else have something they made with horns?
KIMG0774.JPG
KIMG0771.JPG

So i really enjoy shed hunting but am not very good at it and never sell any horns. I truley enjoy the early season hikes before the grizzlies taint the timber. With my Lab always tagging along we cover LOTS of miles and get some great exercise. We use horns allover house for display pieces and cabinet knobs etc. So the wife for years has been bugging me to make her a deer shed wreath, not sure where she got idea but that means i have to do it. With recent weather keeping me indoors i set out to finally build it, only i used elk sheds. Made a little sign out of some small deer pieces and chunk of pallet just to help how it displays on wall. The 8 elk horns make it average about 42"s in diameter i am really happy with how it turned out and luckily enough so was the wife. Anyone else have something they made with horns?
View attachment 218989
View attachment 218988
Can you make me a Blessed sign and live, laugh, love? On barnwood only please. Thanks.

Saw it on etsy....

1 star review then. 😉

Looks really nice man. I've made lamps and signs. Made some wine racks, small jewelry holders. Pretty fun stuff.
I can live with a 1 star review, i do enjoy working with horns. Now i am going to have to get out and replace my brown elk supply.

I’ve made multiple keeper piles; two in my office and two in the garage. Also always got a sell pile going

I can live with a 1 star review, i do enjoy working with horns. Now i am going to have to get out and replace my brown elk supply.
That's the best part about it. I wish I would've never sold mine in college for beer money.....

I made some signs for Xmas for landowners who gave permission to us over the years. I took a barnwood plank and had them Lazer engraved at a shop (they looked burned like a brand) I either gave the last name or their ranch brand and then I'd tack a horn or two on it. Turned out pretty sweet.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back