Shakeing Chicks....

Moosie

Grand poopa
hands .....

So, you're at your Buddies house and You leave and Shake his hand. How do you treat the wife ? A hug ? A hand Shake ? A Bye Bye thank you......

Just wondering .

wtf did you do this time?!?! A post like this sure opens up some speculation..

HAHAH.. Nothing crazy, I've just noticed alot of Guys don't shake womens hands. I had some Guests come over last night, About 15-20 People and most I didn't know. I tried to Shake everyones hands but realised that most men would shake my hand and Tell my wife Good night without a Handshake or anything.... Not that it's wierd, But It got me thinking. Does anyone else make a Mental note of that when with people ?

I like to give them a little smack on the fanny all the while giving their 'ol man my best "knowing" wink;)

Perks 'em right up and gives them something to talk about on the way home

Depends on what they look like and how nice they are. Most of the time I just shake their hands unless I know them then I give them a hug. If I've had them before I might give them a nice crack on the ass, and If they are hot and I dont really know them, I play it by ear, a hug or a handshake depending on how the evening went and how well I got to know them.

Roberts rules of ettiquette is a book on proper ettiquette and it says you should never extend your hand to a lady unless she extends hers first.( damn ingrate) ;)

I'm with Tim hump I'll shake the mans hand, then its up to the lady,,if she wants a hug, hand shake, or what hump At the very least I'll just bow a little to her, and tell her thank-you or good night hump

Hunterman(Tony)

To take this one a step further, I find that as a girl, when I try to shake other womens' hands they seem nervous to do so. That's kind of nuts.

The only explanation I can think of is that a handshake seems to be associated with the business world. It smacks of partnerships and making deals and that is a traditionally male realm.

It might also have something to do with not crossing some physical touching boundary. And no offense to the locals (and the crowd you and your wife run with in particular Moosie) but I have never seen a bigger bunch of American babies than Idahoans when it comes to physicality. I kid you not, I received a card one year from some freinds of mine which read "We love you guys (but not in a physical way)". The thing is, these are some of my best friends so I know they meant that in complete earnest, it was not a joke. I love those guys to death too but, seriously, huh? Americans in general have a serious stick up their butts about physicality, but Idahoans need their's removed surgically. :rolleyes:

Ever wonder why a handshake is always done with the right hand? THat's because it originated during the crusades. When you shook someone's hand it was evidence that you were not holding a weapon...same thing with the salute....(Can't salute with your right hand if it's full of a sword or dagger!!)...it was also only done my warriors. Crazy as that sounds, some of the psychology of that origin has passed down over the years. That's partially why Robert's indicates that you don't shake a ladies hand unless she offers first.

Back to the leaving someone's home.. It depends on who they are and why I was there. Some get a hug, some a handshake and some a Thank you very much... I left money on the dresser..

:cool:

Dan R, I actually think that it stemmed from the Old days when everyone whiped their Ass with the Left hand. Look it up, I'm sure Google has it :)

Moosie, you trying to find out which guys to allow in your house or what?

HAHA.. Hell no, I don't care if anyone hugs my wife or gives her a Handshake. I'm with MoJave on this one. When I meet my Uncle from Switzerland it's 2 kisses or 3 on alternating cheeks. (This group here I need to put the "Not the Ass Cheek" Disclaimer...)

We don't think twice about showering with another person after sports and women will change right in front of you. Here you need to be in another room, behind losed doors in the dark.... ;)

Back on the HAnd shaking thing though, I've noticed in alot of friends houses I shake the Mans hand and the Wife doesn't come foward to shake the hand. More so in the Older Farm style houses too. Hell I'm a Hugger and a Shaker and a In your Face type person so I think sometimes when I leave people are like.. WTF was that :D

Moosie, at the end of your first swingers party I find it wierd that you were shaking hands.

A big wet deep tounge kiss never hurt anyone ;)
if they invite you back you have it made, if they dont I guess they werent really friends lol

Delw

The Art of Shaking Hands
By Peter Urs Bender

What's in a handshake? As a near-universal gesture of “accommodation” handshaking is a relatively new cultural behavior. Its original purpose was to prove to others you were coming “open-handed” and unarmed. It took off only a few hundred years ago.

Moosie, from Google. The left hand, to my knowledge, only applies to the middle eastern and Med areas where everyone used to eat out of the same rice bowl. Same reason they cut off a thief's right hand. It was essentially a death sentence.

:cool:

Sounds like you had the whole damn ward over there trying to save you Brother Williamson. What did you do this time?

Back