Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Serious threat to Idaho Big Horn Sheep

Silent But Deadly

This weekend I went out scouting for sheep here in Idaho for Moosie. The first evening I spotted a small group with a couple decent rams. While I was watching, from the corner of my eye, I caught the glimpse of a dark stealthy object approaching and immediately new it was a Ninja. I watched as the Ninja swung down from a tree and chopped off the head of one of the unsuspecting rams and ran off with it. I was amazed about how nimble this creature was as he scrambled up this shear cliff face and disappeared. Fortunately I managed to capture a photo of this phenomenon seconds before he disappeared from site. After witnessing this event, I can only worry about the impact on these creatures to the sheep and other wild game populations in Idaho.
SheepNinja3.jpg

[ 08-08-2004, 17:32: Message edited by: Silent But Deadly ]

S.B.D. , I have had this Fear ever since I heard the Reintroduction on the Ninja's back into Idaho. If you will notice next week when I post my backpacking list I will have my Ninja Stars and Numb-chucks on the List for such a Unique sighting.

I do thank you for the scouting and Glad you caught this guy on Film. I have told the Idaho Fish and GAme about such events and they claim the Ninja's don't have much of an Effect on Idaho Sheep Populations.

In 4 weeks I'll be in my area with a rifle and I'll find out just what effect they have been having ;)

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back