Selling Brass

CubSlayer

It seems like most of you are reloaders. Thinking that someday I might choose to reload, I have kept all of my readily-accessible brass casings.

The pile is growing, and I don't plan to start reloading anytime soon, so I'm looking for avenues to sell my brass.

Would anybody here be interested? If not, I'm open to suggestions about what might be a good way to sell them.

I have not inventoried them, but I would estimate to have about 300 .308, 200 in .243, 200 .357 magnum, and perhaps 100 in .44 magnum. Not willing to part with any of the .338 Federal brass as my favorite round may not be long for this world (in commercial loadings anyway). This is all once-fired from new commercial ammo (Remington, Federal, etc.) Almost all of it is in the original boxes.

A year ago I tried to give a bunch of 308 brass away for cost of shipping and I still have it. Things likely have changed quite a bit so if you get a solid count on it all and put it together somebody may get you enough to cover a 6 pack of good beer.

There is a reloading trading thread and see if anyone has something you may need.

A year ago I tried to give a bunch of 308 brass away for cost of shipping and I still have it. Things likely have changed quite a bit so if you get a solid count on it all and put it together somebody may get you enough to cover a 6 pack of good beer.

There is a reloading trading thread and see if anyone has something you may need.
Wish I could take that .308 off your hands, but I got more than I can use. As for the beer, "good beer" is very subjective as free beer is always good beer. 😁

Well then, I guess I thought the economics of brass were more favorable. Unfortunately most of you guys are out west and I am not, so in-person trading becomes difficult.

Worse still, I don't drink beer. (Please do not tell F&G - I don't want my hunting license revoked).

Central PA here....
Unfortunately you don't have anything i could use right now.

I usually take mine in to be recycled.
Prices are way down though.

Central PA here....
Unfortunately you don't have anything i could use right now.

I usually take mine in to be recycled.
Prices are way down though.
Never heard that one. How much do you want to have on hand before it becomes worthwhile to take it to a recycling place?

I’d do a general internet search for once-fired brass to get prices figured out and then see if you can get it all in a flat rate box. Post it in your favorite forums as most have good classifieds. Gunbroker, local auctions, or classifieds are always an option too. Or tossing a flier up at your favorite range or gunshop. I truly wish all people who do t reload would sell their brass to offset the price of premium ammo and get more range time. That would benefit everyone!

Especially the way things are now, it shouldn’t be too hard to get rid of! I’m tempted to ask for details but I have enough brass for a long time in all those cartridges you listed.

I have sold brass in the past and most of it was scrap from reloading/dead primers/and rimfire cases. I think it was $1/lb but that was 5-10 years ago.

For reference I just bought 100 virgin nickel plated Remington 25-06 brass off a guy local for $20. My only experience in buying or selling brass in last decade. Perhaps I overpaid, perhaps not...

I was kinda wondering on prices too as I have some 300 WSM, 7RM, 7-08, and 243 brass. But it can sit in the back of the closet too I guess.

Over the years I've done OK selling brass on GunBroker. It's like buying Lotto tickets, you just put your winning back into the game.

Here is a point of reference for those wondering what is out there. Not saying they are the best place but I have used them a few times in the past. Prices have recently escalated....

It seems like most of you are reloaders. Thinking that someday I might choose to reload, I have kept all of my readily-accessible brass casings.

The pile is growing, and I don't plan to start reloading anytime soon, so I'm looking for avenues to sell my brass.

Would anybody here be interested? If not, I'm open to suggestions about what might be a good way to sell them.

I have not inventoried them, but I would estimate to have about 300 .308, 200 in .243, 200 .357 magnum, and perhaps 100 in .44 magnum. Not willing to part with any of the .338 Federal brass as my favorite round may not be long for this world (in commercial loadings anyway). This is all once-fired from new commercial ammo (Remington, Federal, etc.) Almost all of it is in the original boxes.I

I am new to this site, and am interested in getting some 308 brass. Not sure how this works, but how much would you want for 308 brass.

I'd think that half of the cost of new would be a good starting point. As for the OP those are just warm-up quantities of handgun brass.

I have probably 4400 rounds (38 pounds) of 9mm brass and I doubt I can get scrap price for it. There are people looking for brass that may pay more for your stuff. It sounds like the 308 is desirable, the 243 should be as well. The 44 mag and 357 mag are common enough someone may want them...

AB90AA9D-4D49-4E5C-A754-D396B839A2FA.jpegC0E54166-3CA8-402B-871B-0643619E5308.jpeg

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajjones
Back