Seek Outside Pack noise?

Muskeez

Does anyone have experience with the Seek Outside packs? I found a used one in CO that we are considering for my daughter. I know they advertise the fabric as waterproof, so is it "crinkly" and noisy? Thanks to anyone that has handled or used them!

Does anyone have experience with the Seek Outside packs? I found a used one in CO that we are considering for my daughter. I know they advertise the fabric as waterproof, so is it "crinkly" and noisy? Thanks to anyone that has handled or used them!

I have a Unaweep. In cold weather, the fabric can be a bit noisy when opening or closing the roll top. Open it slowly like you would with a zipper on a pack and it’s fine. I’ve never noticed any noise while wearing the pack.

Thanks Pelican! How do you like the bag and the frame? I'm in the zippers several times a day on the top of my pack. Is the roll top a pain for that. I'm guessing that is a big cost savings for them.

I have the goshawk and I like it. The xpac fabric can be a little noisy but I dont think it's that bad. I was rummaging through my pac only being semi quiet last season with bulls I couldn't shoot at about 100 yards. It was only about 25 degrees too, so it was about as bad as it gets. I think the quality and extreme waterproofing of the fabric outweighs the noise of it.

Which fabric was used for the pack? Also, you can get a multi-lid for almost any pack for quick access to essentials. I load mine with snacks, tags, paracord, webbing, headlamp, batteries etc.

I have the Peregrine, it may be a bit nosier when you are getting into the roll top but it does have zippered compartments in the back and a full length zipper for the main bag. I don’t notice it being any noisier when I am moving than my other packs. I don’t use the other packs anymore if that says anything.

Thanks Pelican! How do you like the bag and the frame? I'm in the zippers several times a day on the top of my pack. Is the roll top a pain for that. I'm guessing that is a big cost savings for them.
Once you get it dialed you'll love it. And with the full length side zipper you don't have to unroll the top to access the contents of your pack. No it's not noisy either. I added the lid to mine with a few essentials that I want easy access to but it's not necessary with the side zipper and pockets.

I have the Peregrine also. It gets noisy when its really cold but I don't think it's too bad. I really like the open top design and its great for packing game out with the breakaway frame and bag. Plus the x pack fabric is waterproof so no extra rain fly is needed.

Thanks for the advise and help folks! Hopefully the info will help others as well if they use the search function. I just found her a great deal on a Mystery Ranch Selway, so hopefully it will fit her well. If not she won't get hurt too bad on it if she needs to sell it.

I'm in the zippers several times a day on the top of my pack. Is the roll top a pain for that. I'm guessing that is a big cost savings for them.

The cost savings is really a wash. No zippers = less weight and more waterproof. That's why we offer packs with and without. I love the side zip, but if I were backpacking in the Olympics in wet season or in SE AK I'd probably prefer no zipper.

Regarding noise, the fabric is crinkly when cold when new, and then only if you're manipulating it. When on your back it makes no more noise than other packs, and less than your feet. The fabric gets quieter as it is used, kind of like a crisp new $20 bill vs. an old one.

Back